Financing, Is Care Credit a Reliable Option?

I have recently opened a CareCredit account and am planning to use it to pay for 1-2 upcoming cosmetic procedures. My main concern is that when I looked up customer reviews on CareCredit the average ratings are 1-2 stars out of 5 with people saying its a scam, money pit etc. I have great credit now and do not want to risk that because of some stupid scam the users also say that the monthly payment calculator they have on their site is inaccurate. Any advice?

Cosmetic surgery financing- why I don't offer it in my practice

+1
I do not offer cosmetic surgery finance programs in my office.  After careful consideration, and evaluation of the terms and conditions of cosmetic surgery finance programs by my accountant, we do not feel like we can endorse any of these programs. I do realize some people will not consider plastic surgery in a practice that does not offer financing.  The guiding principal I use in all aspects of patient care is the following question "Would I do this for, or recommend this to family member?" If the answer is no, I don't.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Care Credit and alternatives

+1

We have used care credit in our office for many years and have had no patient complaints that I know of at this point.  The office manager of your plastic surgeon should be familiar with this service and may be able to give your other alternatives.  

Care Credit

+1

Very reliable and reputable.  They take part of the surgeon's fee. Therefore, some surgeons do not love them.  We take it.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Care credit financing for cosmetic surgery

+1

Care Credit is a very  reputable company and not a scam.   We do not use them in our office due to the high interest rates that are charged to the patients  in addition to the high merchant fees surgeons have to pay to be in the program. There are many  financing solutions  available with your local bank, or credit union.

Care credit is a great alternative

+1

We have never had anyone complain about their Care credit financing selection for over 5 years. Like any financing option, their are risks and benefits, but for many this is a wonderful choice. It's a very well established company with a good track record. Definitely not a scam!

Allen D. Rosen, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

+1

Our patients use Care Credit quite often. We have never had complaints. But it is a good option only if your credit is good. If you have a low credit rating, the charges can be quite high. The cost of the loan increases for people with bad credit just as any other loan would.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Financing surgery

+1

I have used them for over 10 years and have never heard a patient complain about them. Some patients even use them to prepay for insurance covered procedures while waiting for insurance reimbursement. I suspect it's a case of people who don't like them are more vocal and post reviews while those who are happy with them are unlikely to post reviews. That skewers their rating to an inaccurate low rating.

Aaron Stone, MD

Patient Financing Options

+1

Thank you for the question. Care Credit is a helpful tool for patients and works very much like a credit card. In my practice, patients have been very satisfied with their experience. However, as with any financial obligation, it is absolutely crucial that you review the terms with your doctor's office and/or a Care Credit representative. Best of luck!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Financing and care credit.

+1

Care Credit is endorsed by our society and is reliable. Like anything, please read the fine print and know what your getting into. Financing can be expensive, so the least you can finance, the better, in my opinion.

Good Luck.

Adrian Lo, MD

Adrian Lo, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Is CareCredit a reliable financing option for plastic surgery?

+1

I am not sure where you came across those reviews. In my practice, CareCredit has been very helpful for our patients. Many practices, ours included, offer no interest options for 6-12 months which is very convenient for patients who need to save for their procedures. The financing can be expensive if you don't pay of the balance within the no interest period. However, this is clearly stated in their brochures and online. I recommend CareCredit without reservation for patients who know they can pay off the balance within the 6-12 month period. If you need to carry the balance beyond, there are other options that are less expensive. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon