9 Days Post Op, is my Nose Still Big? I Have Thick Skin and Surgeon Said Results Will Be Minimal. (photo)

I have attached photos, one of my pre op nose, one of my first operation and then my second operation which was 9 days ago. Performed by the same surgeon. I have very thick skin so my surgeon said I cannot get a small tip etc. Is this a good result? My first operation my nose was too scooped and my surgeon amended this. I feel that my tip is still large and long for my face. My tip was also shortened slightly.

9 days after surgery

+1

Your result looks very nice so far. 9 days is still very soon after your surgery, and you are close to the peak of your swelling. In general, swelling is 70% resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery. It would be best to give it some time and see how you heal. In the meantime, I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding any additional post-operative concerns. They know the extent of your surgery and will be able to provide you with advice. I hope this helps and good luck.

9 days after nasal revision surgery

+1

the results of your revision look nice at 9 days. Give it time to heal, but I think you will be OK with this result.

Is nose too big 9 days after rhinoplasty?

+1

At nine days after your rhinoplasty (revision), there is still significant swelling present on the tip, so the appearance will continue to improve as the swelling resolves.  This can take several months and sometimes more than a year to resolve completely.  Honestly, at this point, I think your result looks very good and will most likely continue to improve with more time.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose is big after nine days

+1

Actually your photos show that your results are not minimal and the profile view looks quite well. Thicker skin and secondary surgery will require more time to soften.

Your surgeon is right. Thick skin decreases the aesthetic yield from a rhinoplasty.

+1

This thickness of the skin was once the definition that can be created during rhinoplasty. The thicker the skin the more likely it is to camouflage the curves of the cartilage that define the tip of the nose.

Tip too Large

+1

I must say that the early result looks very, verry good, but I cannot make any comment about the tip size without a view from the front. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA