Slight Curve V Straight Nose Which One Looks Better with the Age?

hi I'm 22 and getting a revision rhinoplasty, I'm thinking of asking my doctor to put a slight curve in my nose, I was wondering how curved noses age compared to straight noses? I understand that as people age the tip of the nose drops, does this look very weird in curved noses? In straight nose I know that when the tip drops it doesn't look too bad, I was wondering how it would look in curved noses? Am I just better off sticking to a straight nose rather than a curved nose? thank you in advance

Scooped Out vs Straight Nasal Dorsum

+1

In general I recommend a straight, stronger nasal profile rather than a scooped out appearance. Do what looks good now, not 50 years after the operation. There will be minimal change as you age. You and your surgeon should discuss the aesthetics of a natural looking result.

The final contour of the nose should please the patient not the surgeon.

+1

Plastic surgeons are in business to make patients feel better about themselves when performing cosmetic surgery. The most important person to please his the patient.

Rhinoplasty requests

+1

I have never been asked to make a curvy nose, and I am not sure exactly what you mean.  A straight nose is preferred by  most, and clarification of your concerns would be best addressed in the office.

Desired results from rhinoplasty surgery

+1

When considering rhinoplasty surgery, it is important that you have an depth discussion with your prospective surgeon so that he or she has the best possible idea of what you are hoping to achieve.  I usually have these discussions with patients in front of a mirror or while they are looking at pictures of themselves.  I also employ  the  use of digital imaging, but I make sure that the patient understands that these digitally altered results are not a promise or guarantee of a surgical outcome:they are only goals.  By having this discussion the surgeon and the patient should feel more confident that expectations can be met with a high degree of certainty.  If either the surgeon or patient do not share in that sense of confidence, then rhinoplasty surgery might not be such a wise idea. Remember that the overall goals are to put the nose in better proportion to surrounding facial features and maintaining or improving the functional airway.

Michael A. Epstein, MD

Tips Do Droop with Age

+1

I would decide on the change you want, if any, and pursue this.  It is difficult to predict aging changes, but, in general, tips do droop with age.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA