Final Results After Breast Augmentation. Do They Fill Out More Post Breast Aug?

I would like to know if the breasts fill out more post-breast augmentation. Immediately after I know the breasts are very firm and swollen. As the implants drop and fluff does the diameter of the breast increase as a result? Or does it just get softer the touch? Also, does the type of implant affect the fluffing process or do high profile, medium and low all fluff with the same results?

+2

It does not matter which profile implant you have placed when discussing firmness or softness, they will all soften over time. Saline always feels more firm compared to silicone. The diameter of the breast should not increase with time, but may appear wider as they settle. The final result can take 3-6 months

Final look post augmentation

+2

The final look may take 3-6 months for the implants to fully drop.  As they drop, the breasts tend to appear wider.  This will depend on the type and style of implants used, your anatomy and dimensions and healing.  The final look is not predictable.  Some women end up looking like two half grapefruits on their chest and other more natural or tear drop shaped.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants and “Fluffing Out?

+2

When breast augmentation is performed a “pocket” is created.  Depending on the size  and position of the breast implant pocket  dissected  as well as the size of the breast implant used,  it may take some time for the breast implants to “settle” into the dissected pocket.  This process may be referred to as “dropping and fluffing”.  It may require 3 to 6 months to occur. Sometimes as a breast implants fully settle, patients report that the breasts actually look larger. Whether there is a true increase in diameter the breast is difficult to determine. Also, I am not aware of any information that shows that the “fluffing process”  differs depending on the profile of the breast implant used.

It just takes some time.

+1

The type of implant does matter, it is everything. Saline Implants always feel firmer than silicone but not as natural looking. It takes time for the final result to appear, About 4-7 months if not sooner. Depends also on the size of the implants. Always consult with your doctors to see wish implant is right for you.

Jonathan Fisher, MD

Breast fluff

+1

is something I am not familiar with but the immediate results will change and improve with time.  Your breasts will get softer and the implants will settle and descend to some degree, often influenced by how you manipulate or support your breasts.  The diameter will not change but as swelling goes down, there is a subtle decrease in size.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast implant positioning and recovery

+1

Breast implant positioning and palpability will change after breast augmentation, especially in the first one month.  I encourage my Los Angeles patients to avoid underwire bras and to massage routinely after surgery. Raffy Karamanoukian Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Settling Process

+1

As breast implants drop and fluff they become softer and appear larger because the surrounding tissue is no longer swollen. Although they appear larger, the breast diameter should not increase over time. This process of settling is not influenced by profile of the implant.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast shap after breast augmentation

+1

The breast after an augmentation are the largest in size for the first week or so and then as the swelling decreases the size decreases including the diameter. The shape of the breast improves over 6 months after surgery and the implants move closer and to a more relaxed a natural position as the muscles relax and the edema resolves.

Best of luck to you!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Changes in breast appearance with healing, final result and various techniques

+1

Changes in breast appearance with healing

1. changes occur over 3-4 months
  2. the original size and shape of your breast matters
  3. under the muscle will project more with time and drop some
  4. implant profile will have a modest affect on changes
  5.  most will soften

Swelling decreases but shape tends to improve in the post breast augmentation recovery period

+1

As you can imagine there will be changes that occur to the size and shape of your breasts as the healing following the breast augmentation procedure progresses.  The degree of this change depends on each individual as each body is different and each surgery is different.  In general you can expect the swelling to decrease as the healing progresses but the tight areas of your breast, usually the lower half and side of the breast, to relax allowing the implant and breast to round out in these areas.  This process depends more on the persons body and surgery as opposed to the implant that is used in my opinion. 

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD