Fillers for AIDS Patients?

I had my implant removed. Since I am 65 there is some bone loss in my chin. When I spoke to my doctor about fillers, he said I needed to find a doctor that does special bone fillers for AIDS patients. I've never heard about this. Can anyone provide information about this?

Fillers for AIDS Patients?

+1

Radiesse would be a great option for you to use. It last about 8months-1year, most patients see a great long lasting immediate result with just one syringe, I suggest having a consultation with an advanced injector who can provide great results. 

Best of luck 

Fillers and the Chin Area

+1

Radiesse may work well in this situation.  Radiesse is derived from calcium hydroxyapatite and is "bulkier" than the hyaluronic fillers, such as Restylane and Juvederm.  Generally speaking, Radiesse works well in the chin and malar (cheek) areas.  I hope this is helpful.  Respectfully, Andy Shah MD.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nice replacement for chin implant in AIDS patient is Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is a good filler to augment the chin.  It can really act just like an implant. The only thing that must be diligently followed is sterile technique in an AIDS patient. I am with all my fillers but I've seen some docs who are a little lax in this department. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Chin filler

+1

I would recommend Radiesse for volume loss to the chin area. It is much more viscous than the hyaluronic acid fillers. It is made of calcium hydroxyaptite. If you are in the LA area, myself or any of my associates would love to help. Best of luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Fillers for AIDS Patients?

+1

I don't exactly understand what your surgeon was suggesting to you. They might have been recommending Sculptra which was originally used here in the US to augment HIV patients with lipoatrophy resulting from either AIDS or HIV drug therapy. I have not found Sculptra to be particularly helpful for chin augmentation - but it is excellent for the cheeks, temples and posterior jawline. I typically recommend Radiesse for non-surgical chin augmentation. Most plastic surgeons and dermatologists will be more than capable of performing chin augmentation in the office with Radiesse. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

+1

If the chin soft tissue has adhered to the bone and back to normal, you can have fillers to the chin area. Including fat transfer. If the tissue is not adherent then wait till adherence and the pocket is completely healed