Will the Lumps in my Lips Caused by Juvederm Ever Go Away? (photo)

1 Year Later.

Wow, significant lumps after Juvederm in lips. Use hyaluronidase to dissolve.

+3

I would immediately use hyaluronidase to dissolve this issue.  I don't know why you waited so long.  I also would choose a different injector.  

Lumps in lips after Juvederm 1 yr ago. Will they ever go away?

+2

Unfortunately,  Juvederm can last for years and those lumps are product that have pushed through the superficial layers and are now trapped near the surface. The best thing to do is have a bit of Hyaluronidase  injected into them to dissolve them.  It's quick and easy and you will be much happier when they are gone! 

Sam Naficy, MD

Will the lumps in my lips caused by Juvederm ever go away?

+2

After one  year, most of the product has worn off. With some patients, the filler may last for a longer period of time in the lips. Juvederm in the lips may lead to the following side effects:

1) Swelling immediately following the injections
2) Bruising
3) Lumps or bumps

Have the lumps been there the entire time? If this is the case, they are likely due to excess product. They will resolve on their own over time. Another option would be to inject the area with hyaluronidase, which will dissolve any excess filler that is present. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will the Lumps in my Lips Caused by Juvederm Ever Go Away?

+1

See your medical provider to inject an enzyme called hyaluronidase to dissolve this product, I strongly suggest seeing a board certified physician for future injectables. 

Best of luck 

Juvederm lumps in lips

+1

The lumps you see may be the filler or reaction to the filler. If it is filler, then hyaluronidase should be able to dissolve it.

+1

If over a year than only excision might improve but there could be a scar. Have you tried hyaluronidase injections to the "lumps" ? 

What to do if unhappy with a Juvederm injection

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Boletero) can be dissolved quickly using a product called hyaluronidase.  It is sold under trade names like Vitrase and Hylenex.  It works quickly and effectively.

In general, most HA fillers do not show up so prominently after a year.  If the hyaluronidase fails to improve your lips, then you probably did not receive a true Juvederm injection.  I would suggest seeking consultation with a qualified (facial) plastic surgeon so you can discuss other options if the hyaluronidase doesn't correct the problem.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler

+1

Make sure what was really injected. If it is hyaluronic acid, it can be dissolved by your doctor. In general Hyaluronic Acid does not stay long in the lips.