Fillers for Forehead Augmentation?

I want to augment my forehead to have a rounder, feminine shape but before considering an implant I wanted to see if fillers would also work for contour. I have read that sculptra would be a great option but I am concerned about nodules. Would Juvederm also be an option? or would that last long enough? I also wanted to know if fillers could help increase height to forehead and give a rounder hairline along the crown. Could fillers also be injected along the hairline? possibly in the scalp a bit?

Forehead Augmentation

+2

This is a common request from Asian patients.  Fillers can be used to give a rounded, more 3-dimensional, feminine appearance.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Creating the appearance of another facial contour

+1

Most often patients will "zero in" on one feature that they feel is out of sync with what they want. But many times there are several features that are involved.

From the image you posted, it does not appear that your forehead is without curvature, so it could be that some "light play" with something as simple as cosmetics might satisfy your desires to create the impression of a more curved forehead..

Our faces are like a painting and how we look is actually the interplay of light and shadow - Dark makes something recede visually and light brings it forward. If you have not experimented with contouring and highlighting products, you might want to do that first. Then take photos of yourself.

Two things can come of that exercise. You may discover the makeup does the trick or, by experimenting and getting the visual impression you want, you can guide your doctor in placing filler as you would like.

You can use a filler product but it must be diluted in a way to prevent bumps as the forehead skin is quite thin and would show any bump or lump.This is not an area for a novice injector.

Try the highlight/contour avenue and let me know if it helps.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

There are a number of options for forehead augmentation

+1

There are a number of options for forehead augmentation from Juvaderm or Perlane, Radiesse, implants, or hydroxyapetite cement.  I would suggest trying a filler that is not permanent to begin with, and then, if you like the result, you can investigate permanent options which tend to be more invasive.

Dara Liotta, MD

Forehead contouring

+1

It would be very difficult to contour the forehead with fillers. After an examination and possibly an X-Ray or even an MRI, one can plan to contour the forehead. If there is asymmetry, then evaluate the bone thickness, and contouring may involve shaving some of the bone and covering the forehead with Acellular matrix.

Juvederm for forehead augmentation

+1

Juvederm is an excellent option for achieving a rounder, more feminine, and more "3-dimensional" look.  This is a very commonly requested treatment from Asian patients and provides nice results for 9-12 months.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD