Can Fillers Correct my Nose After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

The left side of my nose has a dip & also veers to the left after rhinoplasty. I have been advised that a 2nd procedure will not guarantee results and I do not want further op's as I am scared of further errors/money. I have had a consultaion for fillers in one side of my nose and the surgeon also recommended botox in the other side to relax the muscle. Would you recommend this? Is it safe? I asked the surgeon about necrosis & he advised that this does not apply to me as he wont inject the tip.

Fillers To Correct Aspects Of A Rhinoplasty

+1

Although your photos do not show the deformity clearly, I believe that a temporary solution of injecting fillers after a certain amount of recovery established could help your situation.

Nonetheless, if you are seeking a permanent solution then a correcting surgery is to be considered and in your case should not be attempted before you have your final results established (usually at a year post-op).

I recommend that you communicate with your surgeon AND other board certified surgeons of extensive experience who will guide you to make a well informed decision.

Thank you for your inquiry

Best of wishes.

Dr. Sajjadian

Fillers in Nose following Rhinoplasty

+1

Fillers can be used to improve nasal contour and improve symmetry. I recommend that you select a rhinoplasty surgeon who understands the anatomy and is experienced with fillers.

A Filler Can Be Used Safely to Correct a Post-Rhinoplasty Defect

+1

A filler can be used to help smooth your post-rhinoplasty result. Restylane is probably the best option given that it doesn't have as much propensity to draw water to it, making it a bit more precise. As far as safety is concerned,it is very unlikely that anything would happen if injected correctly and carefully, but there have been multiple reports of necrosis from injections done in just about every part of the nose (unfortunately, injecting outside of the tip does not exclude the possibility of necrosis). Nothing is risk free, but overall, filler for this issue would be a safe option.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Deformities After Nasal Surgery

+1

For minor corrections after Rhinoplasty I do rely upon fillers but the patient must understand that this is a temporary treatment.  For those patients seeking a more permanent result I utilize a small piece of the patient's own cartilage or a piece of a synthetic material which is commonly used in breast surgery.  These second two options are permanent and are easy to do under a local anesthetic in the office.  In my estimation BOTOX has no benifit in treating nasal deformities.   

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Can Fillers Correct my Nose After Rhinoplasty?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 25 years and from the photo the tip appears asymmetric with the right side fuller than the left.  Botox will have no effect as the muscles in the tip area are basically non-existent.  Fillers can be used to make the tip more symmetric but add volume so your tip will look larger, not smaller, after the filler fills in the left side to match the right.  

Depending on how long ago your Rhinoplasty was performed Kenalog 10 injections to the fuller right side may reduce the scar tissue formation (best done within the first 6 months).  If the fullness, on the right, is cartilage this will have no effect.  Lastly, fillers injected to the tip area can cause compromised blood supply and should be done carefully.  Hope this helps.

Fillers

+1

Yes, you can use nasal Cosmetic Products after full healing has occurred after rhinoplasty. Use an experienced Cosmetic Surgeon, of course.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers after rhinoplasty.

+1

Yes fillers can be done and if done by a skilled surgeon you should have good results. Botox is not needed for this!

Can Fillers Correct my Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

The photos are not sufficient to determine if dermal fillers will be able to help. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty and nonsurgical rhinoplasty expert who can evaluate and recommend the best course.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Fillers after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. The photos are not clear to the exact deformity. But, generally speaking, there is a role for fillers in nasal deformity. It should be applied after the swelling from surgery has resolved. I am not sure if botox can correct nasal deformity. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD