How Much Would Filing Down a Nose Bump Typically Cost? (photo)

Ok, So 4 years ago when I was 15 I broke my nose right on the the tip of the bone and it healed. but theres a bump on the right side or a ridge and my nose is smooth and normal and the left side.Its most noticeable from looking diagonally. You can tell in good light from the front that I have a bump on one side of my nose . I want to get the bump filed down to what it would normally have looked like if I never had broken my nose. how much might that cost,and what would you recomend

How Much Would Filing Down a Nose Bump Typically Cost?

+1

The hump can be reduced and the nasal bones brought closer together.  This may cost $4000 or so.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Cost of Filing Down Nasal Hump

+1

I would file down the irregularity, remove the hump in your bridge, and then reposition the nasal bones. Cost will depend on the experience of your surgeon and where the procedure is done.

Dorsal rhinoplasty

+1

A dorsal reduction (medical jargon for taking down the hump) cost is a little less than 4K.  We do the surgery in my AAAASF certified office-based OR, so the only additional cost would be for anesthesia (usually around $100 for conscious sedation anesthesia or $300 for general anesthesia).  We do 3D imaging before the surgery so you will be able to see exactly what a it would look like afterwards.  This is important so you can see the difference between a dorsal rhinoplasty vs a full rhinoplasty.  You can contact me through my website if you would like help scheduling a consultation.    

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Fee for ONLY fo=iling as you put it would be $3,500. But in my over the internet opinion that is the wrong operation for you. You may need a full rhinoplasty. 

Hump reduction only-cost?

+1

Hump reduction only-cost is about 4K if nothing else needs to be done to your nose which it sounds like from your description. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Dorsal hump reduction

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  You are seeking a dorsal hump reduction.  This can be accomplished with incisions just inside the nose.  The cost will vary but most plastic surgeons will likely be able to offer you a dorsal hump reduction for about 4-5K.  This will only address the hump and no other changes to the width of your nose or your nasal tip will be performed.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD