Can You Take Fish Oil Tablets 2 Months After a Rhinoplasty?

I take the omega 3 fish oil tablets and I have been for the past 3 weeks. I had my rhinoplasty 3 months ago, I was wondering if this was ok. Thanks.

Fish oil after rhinoplasty?

+1

It is ok to take fish oil 2 months after a rhinoplasty. This will have no effect on your result at this stage of your healing. In general, you want to avoid the following 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your surgery:

1) NSAIDS
2) Fish oil
3) Vitamin E
4) Herbal supplements

The above can cause bleeding during and after surgery, and are best avoided closer to the operation. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The bleeding risk that is observed is most pronounced for the one month window around the time of rhinoplasty.                                                                                                                         Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                           Los Angeles, CA

Supplement Use After Rhinoplasty

+1

You may resume all supplements one week after a rhinoplasty. There is no problems with taking fish oil supplements now.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Resuming fishoil after rhinoplasty

+1
It should cause no problem to resume your fish oil 2 months after Rhinoplasty. I usually have my patients stop all their vitamins and herbal supplements 2 weeks before and two weeks after a procedure. Hope this helps.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fish oil 2 months after rhinoplasty

+1

Taking fish oil after 2 months is ok. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as they may have specific guidelines they would like you to follow. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Fish oil okay after rhinoplasty.

+1

You should be safe to take fish oil after a rhinoplasty. Nevertheless this is a question that should be answered by your own surgeon.