Is It Possible to Transfer Fat from Stomach to Buttocks?

If I get lipo in my stomach and underarms can I put that fat in my butt and thighs? How much would all that cost and can I finance it?

Cost of fat transfer to the buttocks also know as Brazillian Buttock Lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, fat can be suctioned out from the abdomen and injected your buttocks. Cost is usually around 5 to 7,000. Here is what you should know about fat transfer to the buttocks. The procedure can be done under local or sedation. Fat injections often yield safer and better results than silicone buttock implants. Results can be touched up after 6 months and two treatments are often required to get long lasting results- 2 to 5 years.

1. Results are not always predictable in terms of how much of the injected fat is long lasting.

2. Younger patients, who don't smoke, and have sufficient abdominal fat or thigh fat are ideal candidates and have the best results.

3. Make sure your procedure is being performed by a qualified surgeon in a certified facility to minimize risks and complications.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Fat transfer cost approx. $6,000

Of course, fees vary greatly from one surgeon to the next. Our fee for Liposuction of Two Areas and Fat Transfer to the Buttocks in $6,000 (global fee including surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee, and OR fee) but I'm sure you can find cheaper and much more expensive. Our patients have the option of financing, however, it has been more difficult to get financing over the last few months. I wish you the best of luck!

Thomas T. Nguyen, MD

Fat Transfer

Yes, it is possible. The cost varies by geographical area and surgeon. Generally, the cost will be between $6000-$9000.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Yes it is possible to transfer fat from the abdominal area to the buttocks and this is routinely done as a Brazilian Buttock Lift.  The process involves initial liposuction followed by centrifugal separation of the fat. Next, the fat is inserted into the upper gluteal area bilaterally.  This gives a great augmentation of the buttocks.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Adding fat to my buttocks?

Absolutely. This is commonly called a brazillian butt lift or BBL. I usually take fat from multiple areas in order to get enough for a larger buttock area but you can take it from basically anywhere you would normally do liposuction. Good luck, Dr K

Brazillian buttock lift

The Brazilian Buttock Lift utilizes your own fat, such as the abdomen and under arms, to augment the buttocks and hips and lift. The entire region can be sculpted using a combination of liposuction and fat augmentation. The procedure is as much a reshaping of an entire region as it is an augmentation. The Brazilian Buttock Lift utilizes your own fat to augment and lift. The amount of fat transferred depends on your goals, available fat, and size of your buttocks, and in my practice ranges from 250 to 1250 cc per side. The cost depends on the amount of fat transferred and the number of area treated with liposuction. I spend a great deal of time with my patients prior to the procedure to ensure that I achieve their goals, as the desired buttock shape depends greatly on ethnic and cultural standards of perceived beauty. This procedure, more than any other, has reinforced my belief that communication and listening to my patients is the key to a successful outcome.
I recommend a consultation with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss the available treatment options.
Best regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

POSSIBLE TO TRANSFER FAT FROM STOMACH TO BUTTOCKS

The transfer of fat from other areas of the body to the buttocks is commonly known as a Brazilian butt lift.  The most popular areas to liposuction are the abdomen, back, and flanks.  These areas are typically chosen because suctioning the abdomen, back, and flanks enhances the buttocks and also because those areas usually have larger amounts of fatty deposits than other areas.  However, other areas such as the arms and thighs can be used as well provided there is enough fat to transfer.  In my practice the cost of a BBL starts out at $6900 not including the facility and anesthesia fees.  We accept CareCredit and all major credit cards.  Please contact my office and speak to one of my Patient Care Coordinators to discuss pricing and financing in more detail.  I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience performing fat transfer procedures like the Brazilian butt lift.  After a thorough examination, your plastic surgeon can confirm that you are a good candidate for the procedure as well as the best areas to suction to give you the best result.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Buttock Augmentaion or Brizilian Butt Lift. Connecticut

Yes, Buttock augmentation sometimes referred to as a Brazilian butt lift is a plastic surgery procedure where fat is injected into the buttocks to increase fullness, roundness and projection of the buttocks. It also helps to improve the balance of your figure hence enhancing your self-image and self-confidence. Cost will depend on where you live and what surgeon you choose. Surgical costs can range from $5000-$7000 depending on the amount of time needed in the OR and anesthesia.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction with Fat Transfer

I frequently transfer fat from the stomach, arms, back, and legs into the buttock, breast and face.  If you use the most advanced harvesting techniques you can get excellent take of the fat and very long term improvements, sometimes permanent.  I suggest you see someone who specializes in body contouring and fat transfer, who is an expert in the field and has a practice focused on these procedures.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Possible to Transfer Fat from Stomach to Buttocks?

Yes, this is a common procedure. Some call it a Brazilian butt lift. In this procedure, fat is liposuctioned from the abdomen and other areas. It is then transferred to the buttocks where it takes as a graft. Body tissue grafts happen when a tissue is taken from one place in the body and placed in a different area. Over time, circulation establishes itself and the tissue finds a new home. Think of skin grafts or bone grafts.  Another name for fat transfer is fat grafting. We use this in the buttocks to increase volume and to shape the buttocks. In general, about 50 to 60% of the fat that is transferred by volume will survive in the buttocks.If you have sufficient fat that can be removed by liposuction elsewhere, you may be a good candidate for fat transferred to the buttocks. Your plastic surgeon will be able to tell you about any particular issues that you may have. He or she will also be able to instruct you on techniques to improve the volume that is transferred.  The fees vary from surgeon to surgeon. A number of surgeons also participate in financing programs that can help.

George Volpe, MD