Is It Possible to Transfer Fat from Stomach to Buttocks?

If I get lipo in my stomach and underarms can I put that fat in my butt and thighs? How much would all that cost and can I finance it?

Liposuction and Fat transfer cost approx. $6,000

+5

Of course, fees vary greatly from one surgeon to the next. Our fee for Liposuction of Two Areas and Fat Transfer to the Buttocks in $6,000 (global fee including surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee, and OR fee) but I'm sure you can find cheaper and much more expensive. Our patients have the option of financing, however, it has been more difficult to get financing over the last few months. I wish you the best of luck!

Fat Transfer

+3

Yes, it is possible. The cost varies by geographical area and surgeon. Generally, the cost will be between $6000-$9000.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Cost of fat transfer to the buttocks also know as Brazillian Buttock Lift

+2

Yes, fat can be suctioned out from the abdomen and injected your buttocks. Cost is usually around 5 to 7,000. Here is what you should know about fat transfer to the buttocks. The procedure can be done under local or sedation. Fat injections often yield safer and better results than silicone buttock implants. Results can be touched up after 6 months and two treatments are often required to get long lasting results- 2 to 5 years.

1. Results are not always predictable in terms of how much of the injected fat is long lasting.

2. Younger patients, who don't smoke, and have sufficient abdominal fat or thigh fat are ideal candidates and have the best results.

3. Make sure your procedure is being performed by a qualified surgeon in a certified facility to minimize risks and complications.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Yes it is possible to transfer fat from the abdominal area to the buttocks and this is routinely done as a Brazilian Buttock Lift.  The process involves initial liposuction followed by centrifugal separation of the fat. Next, the fat is inserted into the upper gluteal area bilaterally.  This gives a great augmentation of the buttocks.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Adding fat to my buttocks?

+2
Absolutely. This is commonly called a brazillian butt lift or BBL. I usually take fat from multiple areas in order to get enough for a larger buttock area but you can take it from basically anywhere you would normally do liposuction. Good luck, Dr K

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Brazillian buttock lift

+2

The Brazilian Buttock Lift utilizes your own fat, such as the abdomen and under arms, to augment the buttocks and hips and lift. The entire region can be sculpted using a combination of liposuction and fat augmentation. The procedure is as much a reshaping of an entire region as it is an augmentation. The Brazilian Buttock Lift utilizes your own fat to augment and lift. The amount of fat transferred depends on your goals, available fat, and size of your buttocks, and in my practice ranges from 250 to 1250 cc per side. The cost depends on the amount of fat transferred and the number of area treated with liposuction. I spend a great deal of time with my patients prior to the procedure to ensure that I achieve their goals, as the desired buttock shape depends greatly on ethnic and cultural standards of perceived beauty. This procedure, more than any other, has reinforced my belief that communication and listening to my patients is the key to a successful outcome.
I recommend a consultation with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss the available treatment options.
Best regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Fat transfer

+1
Yes, if you have a significant amount of tummy fat, then this could be transferred to other areas, like the buttock or thighs.  Costs vary from practice to practice, but generally range around $6000-8000, depending on the length of your procedure.  I'd have to examine you in person to determine whether this procedure would be good for your situation.

Many practices, including ours, offer financing through Carecredit or Alphaeon credit.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Fat Transfer possible from Abdomen to Buttocks?

+1
Yes this is possible! The abdomen is a very common donor site for fat transfer surgery. Surgery costs depend on the time required in the Operating Room and on the amount of liposuction that will be performed to obtain fat. There are great financing options. Please research your surgeon and find someone board certified in plastic surgery: you can use plasticsurgery.org as a reference. Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Fat Transfer from Stomach to the Buttocks is the Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Yes it is possible and quite common to liposuction the body including the stomach to add fat to the buttocks.  The amount of fat added to the buttocks depends on what is needed to give the buttocks a better contour.  In addition, the liposuction of the hips, back, thighs and stomach help contour the buttocks to make it more shapely.  The cost of such a procedure depends on how much liposuction is needed and desired and how much fat will be transferred to the buttocks.  It would range from $7000 - $12,000 and financing is available through our office with CareCredit.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

+1

Of course, the fat from your stomach or other areas if needed can be transferred to your buttocks.  It is known as a Brazilian Butt Lift.  It is a great way to augment your buttocks provided that you have enough fat to augment your buttocks.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon