Is It Possible to Transfer Fat from Stomach to Buttocks?

If I get lipo in my stomach and underarms can I put that fat in my butt and thighs? How much would all that cost and can I finance it?

Liposuction and Fat transfer cost approx. $6,000

+4

Of course, fees vary greatly from one surgeon to the next. Our fee for Liposuction of Two Areas and Fat Transfer to the Buttocks in $6,000 (global fee including surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee, and OR fee) but I'm sure you can find cheaper and much more expensive. Our patients have the option of financing, however, it has been more difficult to get financing over the last few months. I wish you the best of luck!

Fat Transfer

+3

Yes, it is possible. The cost varies by geographical area and surgeon. Generally, the cost will be between $6000-$9000.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Cost of fat transfer to the buttocks also know as Brazillian Buttock Lift

+3

Yes, fat can be suctioned out from the abdomen and injected your buttocks. Cost is usually around 5 to 7,000. Here is what you should know about fat transfer to the buttocks. The procedure can be done under local or sedation. Fat injections often yield safer and better results than silicone buttock implants. Results can be touched up after 6 months and two treatments are often required to get long lasting results- 2 to 5 years.

1. Results are not always predictable in terms of how much of the injected fat is long lasting.

2. Younger patients, who don't smoke, and have sufficient abdominal fat or thigh fat are ideal candidates and have the best results.

3. Make sure your procedure is being performed by a qualified surgeon in a certified facility to minimize risks and complications.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer possible from Abdomen to Buttocks?

+2
Yes this is possible! The abdomen is a very common donor site for fat transfer surgery. Surgery costs depend on the time required in the Operating Room and on the amount of liposuction that will be performed to obtain fat. There are great financing options. Please research your surgeon and find someone board certified in plastic surgery: you can use plasticsurgery.org as a reference. Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

+2

Yes it is possible to transfer fat from the abdominal area to the buttocks and this is routinely done as a Brazilian Buttock Lift.  The process involves initial liposuction followed by centrifugal separation of the fat. Next, the fat is inserted into the upper gluteal area bilaterally.  This gives a great augmentation of the buttocks.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Adding fat to my buttocks?

+2
Absolutely. This is commonly called a brazillian butt lift or BBL. I usually take fat from multiple areas in order to get enough for a larger buttock area but you can take it from basically anywhere you would normally do liposuction. Good luck, Dr K

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Brazillian buttock lift

+2

The Brazilian Buttock Lift utilizes your own fat, such as the abdomen and under arms, to augment the buttocks and hips and lift. The entire region can be sculpted using a combination of liposuction and fat augmentation. The procedure is as much a reshaping of an entire region as it is an augmentation. The Brazilian Buttock Lift utilizes your own fat to augment and lift. The amount of fat transferred depends on your goals, available fat, and size of your buttocks, and in my practice ranges from 250 to 1250 cc per side. The cost depends on the amount of fat transferred and the number of area treated with liposuction. I spend a great deal of time with my patients prior to the procedure to ensure that I achieve their goals, as the desired buttock shape depends greatly on ethnic and cultural standards of perceived beauty. This procedure, more than any other, has reinforced my belief that communication and listening to my patients is the key to a successful outcome.
I recommend a consultation with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss the available treatment options.
Best regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Fat Transfer to Buttocks

+1
Thank you for your question.  Fat transfer from unwanted areas to your buttocks is an excellent operation.  The procedure can be very time consuming to sculpt the area to your liking.  In addition, the operation requires multiple positions for your body in the OR, which can add to time and expense.  I would expect to pay between $8,000 to $12,000 inclusively for what you describe.  Keep in mind that pressure on the buttocks can distort the results, so recovery can be significant with avoiding sitting and lying on your stomach for an extended period of time.  I would seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck to you!  Dr. Pacella

Salvatore Pacella, MD, MBA, FACS

Fat Transfer from the Stomach to the Abdomen

+1
It is possible to take the fat from your abdomen to enhance your buttock and overall shape, however typically patients need more fat for their buttock augmentation than can be harvested just from the buttock. Brazilian butt lift is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs.

The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and needs of each individual patient, however in general at least 500cc per buttock need to be placed to see a significant difference. On average patients typically receive around 800cc per buttock side for a total of 1600cc of fat transfer. However just like a breast augmentation the amount of fat needed various from patient to patients. Also the sculpting done with the liposuction is a big part of the procedure to improve the overall shape.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

In general of the procedures that I perform this is one where patients tend to be universally extremely happy.

BBL or gluteal augmentation

+1
Hi SheB4,
Good question-- fat can be taken from a number of areas for a Brazialian Butt Lift, a.k.a gluteal augmentation.  Augmentation of the buttocks with fat has become more popular than using implants for this area.  The volume is limited by how much fat can safely be removed from other areas of the body, and by how much of the grafted fat actually survives once in place in the buttock area.  The surgery is very dependent on your surgeons skill with fat grating, how the fat is processed, and how compliant you are with the postoperative recovery instructions.  But, fat grafting provides a better shape to the buttocks while the liposuction can help accentuate your curves as well.  See a plastic surgeon in your area with expertise in these procedures for a consultation to learn more.  Best wishes!
--
Erik Hoy, M.D.

Erik Hoy, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon