Is It Possible to Transfer Fat from Stomach to Buttocks?

If I get lipo in my stomach and underarms can I put that fat in my butt and thighs? How much would all that cost and can I finance it?

Liposuction and Fat transfer cost approx. $6,000

Of course, fees vary greatly from one surgeon to the next. Our fee for Liposuction of Two Areas and Fat Transfer to the Buttocks in $6,000 (global fee including surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee, and OR fee) but I'm sure you can find cheaper and much more expensive. Our patients have the option of financing, however, it has been more difficult to get financing over the last few months. I wish you the best of luck!

Cost of fat transfer to the buttocks also know as Brazillian Buttock Lift

Yes, fat can be suctioned out from the abdomen and injected your buttocks. Cost is usually around 5 to 7,000. Here is what you should know about fat transfer to the buttocks. The procedure can be done under local or sedation. Fat injections often yield safer and better results than silicone buttock implants. Results can be touched up after 6 months and two treatments are often required to get long lasting results- 2 to 5 years.

1. Results are not always predictable in terms of how much of the injected fat is long lasting.

2. Younger patients, who don't smoke, and have sufficient abdominal fat or thigh fat are ideal candidates and have the best results.

3. Make sure your procedure is being performed by a qualified surgeon in a certified facility to minimize risks and complications.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer

Yes, it is possible. The cost varies by geographical area and surgeon. Generally, the cost will be between $6000-$9000.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Adding fat to my buttocks?

Absolutely. This is commonly called a brazillian butt lift or BBL. I usually take fat from multiple areas in order to get enough for a larger buttock area but you can take it from basically anywhere you would normally do liposuction. Good luck, Dr K

Fat Transfer to Buttock

You can absolutely transfer fat to the buttock and possibly thighs if needed. The stomach and arms provide excellent fat quality and therefore are great donor regions. The price varies depending on the amount of donor areas and the extent of the transfer. The price varies on the region of the U.S. as well. Financing is available with most doctors. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Fat from stomach to buttock

Transferring fat from the stomach or other body regions into the buttock is becoming more and more popular.  I would recommend going to a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  It can provide a very natural enhancement to the buttock while simultaneously reducing the stomach

Good use of "spare parts"!

If there is a good location for liposuction, the fat that is obtained and is normally discarded (the "spare part") would be great for putting back into areas where you desire more fullness. This is a great option because the fullness is created by using your own tissue (no implants). Cost depends on what the going rate is in the area that you live, where the surgery is performed, and how much surgery is performed. I think most plastic surgeon offices offer some sort of financing option. 

Emily Hu, MD

Absolutely!

Any part of the body for which liposuction is appropriate (ie. presence of fat with good skin tone) can be used to obtain fat for transfer to the buttock and thighs.  Keep in mind that some of the transferred fat will be resorbed, so the more fat obtained, the better!
Good luck!

Jeffrey Horowitz, MD
Bel Air Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to buttocks

Yes. Abdominal fat can be harvested using liposuction and transferred to the buttocks to provide volumization. The buttock area can be successfully augmented using this method. The volume of fat that is transferred is usually ~75-80% permanent, the rest is reabsorbed by the body. The big advantage of this procedure is that you get to lose fat in one place and transfer it to a different area. There are fewer issues with infection and no implants to worry about.

Rachel Streu, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Yes It Is Possible

Hello thanks for your question, and yes it is possible in fact this is a very commun procedure called brazillian buttock lift,  
There are many areas in which we can take fat and one of them is the stomach, wich is one of the most frequent sites of good quality grease . The costs depend on each case, this is why it is important to evaluate each patient individually according to your needs and various surgeries you want to performance.

Dr. Eugenio Lapaix Vargas
Plastic Surgeon
Cirujano Plástico Estético y Reconstructivo.

Eugenio Lapaix Vargas, MD