Could Frequent Sitting Affect Brazilian Butt Lift Results?

My job consists of sitting down for 7 hrs, 5 days a week.  If I were to get a Brazilian Butt Lift would sitting on my rear end cause my butt to flatten or become oddly shaped?

Brazilian butt lift and sitting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. When the fat is injected it has no blood supply. And it is very weak and the fat cells can be killed by pressure. Blood vessels they will begin to grow in to the fat cells in for 5 days. When the fat has normal blood supply the fat cells act like any other fat cells in the body and will survive sitting exercise and pressure.

The 1st 10. this time that i asked my patients not only setting or sleeping on the back. day 9 and 11 are no different that windows is an arbitrary time just greater than 5 days.  On  the 11th day the patients can start to sit for short periods of time.

In my patients after 2 or 3 weeks the size supposed to be maintained and I don't see loss of fat cells from exercises sitting. The same timeframe applies for fat displacement. Again once the fat is healed in will act like any other fat in the body.

Too much sitting early after Brazilian butt lift would be a problem

Hi there-

I would not want you to do too much sitting too soon after surgery (for 2-3 weeks), and I would also prefer to restrict you from lying in the supine position (flat on your back), as these positions place a lot of pressure on the areas we would be trying to augment, and this might compromise your desired outcome.

The best thing to do would be to schedule your surgery around a time you can avoid sitting for this period of time, or to explore your options for work environment. There are certain types of task chair designs that would not place undue pressure on the area and would be acceptable.

Recovery from your Brazilian Buttocks Lift

The goal is to allow all of the fat cells that are placed in your buttocks a chance to get reconnected to the nearby blood vessels. This is what needs to happen for them to survive. Therefore, the more time you sit on your buttocks or put pressure on your buttocks, the more you are reducing the blood flowing through your buttocks tissues that we are relying on to try to grow new blood vessels to the transplanted fat cells. Therefore, more of the fat cells will likely die.

The second issue is that the pressure may change the shape of your buttocks by moving the fat cells or by killing the fat cells in certain areas.

Best thing to do is don't sit until your doctor tells you it is okay.

Brazilian Butt Lifts and sitting

Pressure on the buttocks immediately after Brazilian Butt lifts can cause a decrease in the fat survival. The key is allowing enough time for the fat to revascularize, which will insure survival. Once the fat has revascularized, there is less concern about pressure on the buttocks (sitting a lot).

It is recommended that patients do not sit for more than 1 hour at a time for the first one month if they can avoid it.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

No direct sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift for 2 weeks

Felix,

For general information purposes, I do not allow my patients to sit on a Brazilian butt lift directly for a full two weeks. The pressure may displace the fat and/or cause more of it to be absorbed. I do allow my patients to sit on an open back chair or stool as long as the buttocks are offloaded. Good luck!

Postop BBL

You shouldn't sit on the freshly made graft for two weeks, then progressively you can apply pressure on it but in general I tell patients to avoid it for an average of about six weeks.  Nothing is more dissapointing than watching a great result dwindle so patients are fairly motivated to do this once they see a nice plump result.

DoctorMeade

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Sitting After Brazilian Butt Lift and Return to Work

While there is no standardized sitting or recovery protocol following a Brazilian Butt Lift, many plastic surgeons recommend that patients:

1.  Avoid sitting for prolonged periods of time for 2-3 weeks

2.  Sleep on their stomach for at least 1 week

3.  Walk and stand the day following surgery

4.  Wear compression garments for 4-6 weeks over the areas where liposuction was performed

Most plastic surgeons feel that fat transferred to the buttocks following a Brazilian Butt Lift is viable and well vascularized after about 3 weeks; however, it may take 3-6 months before the final result of the buttocks is apparent.  After 3-6 months, the surviving fat will be present for life.  

If you returned to work immediately after surgery and sat on your buttocks for 7 hours a day, it is possible that more of the transferred fat cells would die, causing you to have a flattened or oddly shaped result.

I suggest you follow the recommendations of your plastic surgeon to get the best possible outcome.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist in Tampa, Florida

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, Florida

Jaime Perez, MD