Could Frequent Sitting Affect Brazilian Butt Lift Results?

My job consists of sitting down for 7 hrs, 5 days a week.  If I were to get a Brazilian Butt Lift would sitting on my rear end cause my butt to flatten or become oddly shaped?

Too much sitting early after Brazilian butt lift would be a problem

+7

Hi there-

I would not want you to do too much sitting too soon after surgery (for 2-3 weeks), and I would also prefer to restrict you from lying in the supine position (flat on your back), as these positions place a lot of pressure on the areas we would be trying to augment, and this might compromise your desired outcome.

The best thing to do would be to schedule your surgery around a time you can avoid sitting for this period of time, or to explore your options for work environment. There are certain types of task chair designs that would not place undue pressure on the area and would be acceptable.

Brazilian butt lift and sitting

+6

The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. When the fat is injected it has no blood supply. And it is very weak and the fat cells can be killed by pressure. Blood vessels they will begin to grow in to the fat cells in for 5 days. When the fat has normal blood supply the fat cells act like any other fat cells in the body and will survive sitting exercise and pressure.

The 1st 10. this time that i asked my patients not only setting or sleeping on the back. day 9 and 11 are no different that windows is an arbitrary time just greater than 5 days.  On  the 11th day the patients can start to sit for short periods of time.

In my patients after 2 or 3 weeks the size supposed to be maintained and I don't see loss of fat cells from exercises sitting. The same timeframe applies for fat displacement. Again once the fat is healed in will act like any other fat in the body.

Brazilian Butt Lifts and sitting

+6

Pressure on the buttocks immediately after Brazilian Butt lifts can cause a decrease in the fat survival. The key is allowing enough time for the fat to revascularize, which will insure survival. Once the fat has revascularized, there is less concern about pressure on the buttocks (sitting a lot).

It is recommended that patients do not sit for more than 1 hour at a time for the first one month if they can avoid it.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

No direct sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift for 2 weeks

+6

Felix,

For general information purposes, I do not allow my patients to sit on a Brazilian butt lift directly for a full two weeks. The pressure may displace the fat and/or cause more of it to be absorbed. I do allow my patients to sit on an open back chair or stool as long as the buttocks are offloaded. Good luck!

Recovery from your Brazilian Buttocks Lift

+5

The goal is to allow all of the fat cells that are placed in your buttocks a chance to get reconnected to the nearby blood vessels. This is what needs to happen for them to survive. Therefore, the more time you sit on your buttocks or put pressure on your buttocks, the more you are reducing the blood flowing through your buttocks tissues that we are relying on to try to grow new blood vessels to the transplanted fat cells. Therefore, more of the fat cells will likely die.

The second issue is that the pressure may change the shape of your buttocks by moving the fat cells or by killing the fat cells in certain areas.

Best thing to do is don't sit until your doctor tells you it is okay.

Sitting on BBL fat

+3

Once you are healed, your job will not be a problem.  Another question is whether sitting matters while you are healing.  We thought for some time that the fat would not take if you sat or layed on it.  But after 5 years of the South American experience (which I can agree to from my own patients), sitting or laying on the buttocks after a combined tummy-tuck and BBL does not seem to affect the result of the BBL.  So...you should not have to worry about sitting on it.

Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift

+3

I would counsel you to talk in detail with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon about this before having the procedure. Your restrictions are a precaution against developing pressure problems in the areas where you have been enhanced. It's best to anticipate 2-3 weeks of minimal sitting after surgery to optimize results. My Cleveland Brazilian Butt Lift patients wear a compression garment, have regular massage after the procedure to aid in healing, and they walk as often as possible to reduce the risk of postop complications.

If your job requires you to sit for many hours, you should take enough time off to satisfy your surgeon that you won't have skin problems or contour complications that wouldn't otherwise occur. Once healing has occurred, you can resume your job without fear that your bottom will change shape because you sit all day at work.

To your health and beauty,

Dr. Paul Vanek, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Mentor, OH

Web reference: http://www.paulvanekmd.com/gallery/27/0/Brazilian_Butt_Lift.php

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon