Could Frequent Sitting Affect Brazilian Butt Lift Results?

My job consists of sitting down for 7 hrs, 5 days a week.  If I were to get a Brazilian Butt Lift would sitting on my rear end cause my butt to flatten or become oddly shaped?

Too much sitting early after Brazilian butt lift would be a problem

Hi there-

I would not want you to do too much sitting too soon after surgery (for 2-3 weeks), and I would also prefer to restrict you from lying in the supine position (flat on your back), as these positions place a lot of pressure on the areas we would be trying to augment, and this might compromise your desired outcome.

The best thing to do would be to schedule your surgery around a time you can avoid sitting for this period of time, or to explore your options for work environment. There are certain types of task chair designs that would not place undue pressure on the area and would be acceptable.

Brazilian butt lift and sitting

The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. When the fat is injected it has no blood supply. And it is very weak and the fat cells can be killed by pressure. Blood vessels they will begin to grow in to the fat cells in for 5 days. When the fat has normal blood supply the fat cells act like any other fat cells in the body and will survive sitting exercise and pressure.

The 1st 10. this time that i asked my patients not only setting or sleeping on the back. day 9 and 11 are no different that windows is an arbitrary time just greater than 5 days.  On  the 11th day the patients can start to sit for short periods of time.

In my patients after 2 or 3 weeks the size supposed to be maintained and I don't see loss of fat cells from exercises sitting. The same timeframe applies for fat displacement. Again once the fat is healed in will act like any other fat in the body.

Wendell Perry, MD

Recovery from your Brazilian Buttocks Lift

The goal is to allow all of the fat cells that are placed in your buttocks a chance to get reconnected to the nearby blood vessels. This is what needs to happen for them to survive. Therefore, the more time you sit on your buttocks or put pressure on your buttocks, the more you are reducing the blood flowing through your buttocks tissues that we are relying on to try to grow new blood vessels to the transplanted fat cells. Therefore, more of the fat cells will likely die.

The second issue is that the pressure may change the shape of your buttocks by moving the fat cells or by killing the fat cells in certain areas.

Best thing to do is don't sit until your doctor tells you it is okay.

No direct sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift for 2 weeks

Felix,

For general information purposes, I do not allow my patients to sit on a Brazilian butt lift directly for a full two weeks. The pressure may displace the fat and/or cause more of it to be absorbed. I do allow my patients to sit on an open back chair or stool as long as the buttocks are offloaded. Good luck!

Could frequent sitting affect the results of a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Excessive pressure on the newly transferred fat in a Brazilian Butt Lift could cause damage and affect the final result.  Excess pressure can impair the blood supply to the healing fat and cause that fat to not survive the transfer.  For that reason it is very important to closely follow the postoperative instructions given to you by your surgeon.  The surgeon has their own postoperative protocol.  Most surgeons would agree however that immediately after a Brazilian Butt Lift patients are allowed to lay on their back until they are fully recovered. Normally they are then turned over on their stomach. During the trip home after the procedure or when in route to a postoperative visit patients are recommended to either lay on their stomach or on their side After the patient goes home they are instructed to keep pressure off of the buttock area for at least 8 weeks. No sitting is permitted for 10 days postoperatively. The exception to this is to utilize the toilet. After 10 days the patient is allowed to sit in a modified position that will keep excess pressure from the buttock area. His can be accomplished with the use of a pillow placed beneath the hamstring muscles not touching the buttock. Patient's are recommended to wear the prescribed compression garment for up to 4-6 weeks postoperatively. It is important to realize that the final result probably not be realized until up to 6 months.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Sitting down after a brazilian butt lift

A brazilian butt lift safely and effectively transfers unwanted fat from areas such as the abdomen, waist, flanks and thighs, to a very desirable area such as the buttocks, for a more voluptuous appearance.  I instruct my patients not to sit on the buttocks at least 3 weeks after the procedure, in order to preserve the viability of the fat; after 3 weeks, the new blood supply to the fat graft is fairly well established, so sitting down should be ok after about 3 weeks post-operatively.

Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift

Yes, it could affect the shape and roundness of the new buttocks. During the first 2 weeks, you are advised to avoid putting direct pressure on your buttock for more than a few minutes at a time. If you have to sit, use a very soft cushion. From week three until six you should also sit on cushions when sitting for prolonged periods.