Fat Necrosis 12 Months Post-op, DCIS Bilateral Mastectomy?

Good day How likely is it for fat necrosis to occur 12 months post op? I had DCIS in left breast, oestrogen +, nodes clean. I opted to have a bilateral mastectomy. Calcifications found in right breast. Reconstruction with silicone implants behind the chest wall12 months ago. I've discovered a lump as big as a pea in my right breast a week ago. Nothing showed up on the sonar although the dr could feel the lump. When I found DCIS lump, Sonar and mammo didn't pick it up either. Thank you

Palpable Mass

+1

Given your breast cancer history, if you are feeling a mass, then this warrants medical attention.  Please see your reconstructive plastic surgeon and/or your oncologist for an evaluation.

"Lump" in Breast 1 Year Post Mastectomy with Reconstruction

+1

It is not unusual for the breast to feel lumpy bumpy after mastectomy with subsequent reconstruction.  From what little information you have provided you seem to be a low risk for recurrence. The typical factors that will increase the likelihood of recurrence include: Lymph node involvement, Tumor size larger than 5 centimeters, Inflammatory breast cancer, No radiation therapy after lumpectomy, Women under age 35, and Positive or close margins in the specimen.

However, due to the fact that there is a very discreet mass in a post mastectomy patient, I would be inclined to do an excisional biopsy of the lesion. It would be the safe and easy thing to do.

Good luck.

Breast reconstruction with expanders and implants

+1

Is this near your mastectomy scar?  Could do an excisional biopsy for definitive diagnosis.