If I Am Taking Fat Burners How Long Shoud I Be off Them to Get a Tummy Tuck?

I am 5 ft 4 inch 209 lbs my PS said he wants me to lose 25lbs so I can get a tummy tuck, I am now dieting and excersising and also I am taking fat burners and gnc vitamins how long do I need to be off of the pills before I can do tummy tuck?

+3

In general, most fat burners contain a host of stimulants.  Usually, they contain caffeine and sometimes a laundry list of other things.  It is impossible to know how all of those things can affect drug metabolism and anesthesia.  I would recommend being off of these for 2 weeks before surgery.  Always tell your plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist about herbs and supplements you are taking.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat burners for weight loss

+3

In general, fat burners are pills that stimulate the metabolism. They should be taken under medical supervision. These pills may interfere with anesthesia and that is the reason reason they are not recommended for at least ten days before surgery. It is best to ask your doctor for his specific recommendations.

William LoVerme, MD

Fat Burners for Weight Loss Before Surgery

+2

Most fat burners are pills that stimulate the metabolism.  These pills may interfere with anesthesia and for this reason reason they are not recommended for at least ten days before surgery. In general, they should only be taken under medical supervision.  There are other supplements that also may increase bleeding or may have an effect on your healing. It is best to ask your doctor for his specific recommendations.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon