Back and Hip Pain After Abdominoplasty?

I had an umbilical hernia repaired and abdominoplasty to fix diastasis. I’m 10 weeks post op. I know I’m supposed to be walking more but it just hurts too much. My abs are fine but my lower back gets tight and hurts and my left hip hurts a lot. I just seem to be really tight in my abs, lower back and hips, especially my hip flexors in the front. Is this common? I wasn’t expecting this and don’t know what to do. I will be seeing my doctor this week and will also discuss it with him.

Back pain following tummy tuck

+1
Because your core muscles are tightened during a tummy tuck, there is an imbalance of the muscles during your recovery.  Bending over in the first few weeks makes it even more difficult. Fortunately this tends to resolve after the first few months, if not sooner. Good luck.

Back Hip Pain

+1

It sounds like the facial plication of the rectus muscles has caused and imbalance in your core muscles leading to back pain. At 10 weeks postop you can resume activities.  Physical Therapy is likely to be helpful to put thigns back in balance.  You also need to rule out any other serious causes of new-onset back pain not related to surgery. Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Back and Hip Pain After Abdominoplasty?

+1

Symptoms like this occur occasionally, but are usually resolving by 2-3 months. You might ask your surgeon about a physical therapy referral at your upcoming visit.l 

All the best.