Can I Get a Fake Tattoo After Tummy Tuck?

can i put a sticker tattoo like the ones they sell at beauty supply stores to cover up the scar at 8 weeks post op?

Fake tattoo

+1

Yes, you can put a fake tattoo on your tummy tuck scar.  That will not be a problem.

Good luck picking the right one!

Web reference: http://www.doctormeade.com

Fake tattoos & tummy tuck

+1

Sure - as long as you are not allergic to the adhesive or the dyes in the tattoo, go ahead - you can place it on any part of the scar, as long as the incision has healed  properly.  Some of my patients get real tattoos for this - I've seen linking chain designs, vines, flowers......

Tattoo after tummy Tuck

+1

A tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure to contour the abdomen, create a tight waist, and remove extra skin, fat, and stretch marks.

In our practice, we have seen many patients that have received a tummy tuck elsewhere and present to our clinic for a revision surgery. Many of these patients have placed the tattoo over their original scar to help camouflage. We find that however this tattoo usually does not hide the scar but can in fact draw attention to it.
Your best bet is to work with a plastic surgeon that is board-certified by the American Board of plastic surgery. During the preoperative workup be as honest as possible with your plastic surgeon about your goals and inform him or her about your activity and the style of clothes that you like to wear. In our practice we have patients bring in the cltohes that they typically wear when we are creating their surgical plan and designing the incisions.
Keep in mind that a great discussion with your surgeon and a well-placed incision will always hide the scar better than a tattoo after the surgery.

Concealing tummy tuck scars.

+1

As long as your scar is fully healed, it should be ok.  Make sure you do not have any allergies to the material by doing a skin test and plaving it someplace else.  Make sure this is ok with your PS and also avooid tanning at this point, as your scar may darken from direct sunlight. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Sticker Tattoo after Tummy Tuck

+1

You are far enough along to conceal your scar.    My only concern is whether the adhesive would irritate and inflame your healing scar.  This would be difficult to determine without trying it out.   If your goal is simply to camouflage your scar,  I would recommend a mineral based makeup.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Tummy tuck

+1

At this stage you can probably even have a real tattoo.  Your incision has healed enough to have a fake tattoo.

Covering your incision

+1

At 8 weeks, you incision should be fully healed and internally maturing in strength over time.   So you should be able to cover it up with your fake sticker tattoos.  Ask your plastic surgeon to get the green light.

Fake tattoo

+1

It probably is OK to place a fake tattoo on the abodminoplasty scar once it has healed. Eight weeks or more sounds reasonable. 

Fake tattoo - why not!

+1

It is perfectly fine to get a fake tattoo 8 weeks after surgery.  It may help to hide the scar as a TT scar takes a good 6 months to fully mature.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tattoos and tummy tuck scars

+1

Sure you can put a fake tattoo on a tummy tuck scar at 8 weeks postop.  A occasional patient even covers the scar with a real tatoo just done a little later.