What is a fair fee for a core build-up?

I just had to have a root canal on my #3 tooth. There was a crown in place. The root canal specialist was able to drill through the crown, do his work, then sent me back to my dentist to repair or replace the crown. My dentist said the crown was in good shape, that he would do some core buildup, then fill in the hole the crown. My question is this: What is a fair fee for a core build-up?

What is a fair fee for a core build-up?

+1

There is no "average" or "fair fee" in dentistry. Fees in dentistry will depend on the geographic area, the skill, training and experience of the dentist, how much time he will spend doing the procedure, what kind of materials he/she uses, etc.

If your dentist has given you his fee for a core build up, you now have to decide if you like and trust him. If you do, then I wouldn't squabble over the fee, go back, get it done and forget about it.

If you don't like/trust him, then call around a get a few other opinions. As you will see for yourself, fees will vary greatly on many dental procedures, including core buildups.

Be aware, if price shopping, you may get the cheapest price, but by doing that you will rarely or never get the best product or results, especially in dentistry.

You've heard it a million times, but here it goes one more time.....you get what you pay for.

Good luck.

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

A fair fee for a core build-up

+1

Hello David,

Well, it depends on where you are located, the price ranges in the USA or Canada are very different form other countries. Here in Cancun you can find Dentists who would do it for around $100 USD.

German Arzate, DDS, MS
Mexico Cosmetic Dentist