What Happens to Facial Hair After Laser Resurfacing?

I'm having Laser resurfacing performed on my entire face with a Carbon dioxide laser. I'm curious what will happen to the hair on my face, I don't have significant amount of hair but just fuzzy cheeks etc. I know it's not laser hair removal so should I expect the hair just to grow back?

Laser resurfacing with the CO2 laser will not remove facial hair

+1

Laser resurfacing withy CO2 or Erbium lasers does not remove facial hair.

Hair removal requires the laser energy to go much deeper than the resurfacing lasers go.

If the CO2 or Erbium resurfacing laser went deep enough to remove hair follicles you would be scarred.

The "peach fuzz" will grow back

+1

Yes, you will probably have your “peach fuzz” grow back. Most patients see their hair regrow but it could be that there may be patchy areas of diminished growth.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Laser facial treatments safe for facial hair

+1

The hair follicles will not be injuried by laser resurfacing. In fact, the follicles help in the healing process. You may have a temporary reduction in the facial hair after the treatment but any loss will regrow.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon