My SMAS Facelift and Revision Work Both Failed What Can I Do?

Got a smas facelift it made no difference PS agreed revision by doing a one stitch lift on the smas layer he said that would take the jowls out but it still didnt work .hes now saying he wont operate again .what can i do ?he wont give me a refund he said my scars need correction work but hes now changed his mind and wont do anything about it .

SMAS Facelift Revision - What next

+2

First of all, for the vast  majority of plastic surgeons the money that is paid for surgery is for their best effort, cumulative experience and talent to obtain results. As plastic surgery is an art and inexact science no result guarantees are made.

Second - a "one Stitch" procedure does not make a facelift and I doubt it would be corrective.

Your best advice is to find a different Qualified Plastic Surgeon in Your Area
Best bet is to find a board certified Plastic Surgeon who is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or the American Society for Plastic Surgery (ASPS) near you home. I have provided links below to make it easy for you to find a well qualified plastic surgeon near your home that is familiar with secondary facelift procedures.

Failed SMAS Facelift and Revision

+2

It is highly unlikely that a single suture in the SMAS would correct your jowls.  At this point you will need a tertiary facelift.  This procedure should allow for improvement of your jowls and also improvement of the scars.  Make sure that you find a surgeon with experience in secondary facelifting.  

Michael Sundine, MD

Facelift revision options

+2

It sounds like your best bet at this point is to seek a second opinion from a different plastic surgeon. The scars can be addressed in addition to your jowl area. You should chose your next surgeon carefully, and make sure they are very experienced with facial plastic surgery.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

What to do after a SMAS lift

+2

In my opinion, it would be rare for a single stitch in the SMAS layer to be able to correct a deficiency after a full SMAS Facelift. It might need a repeat Facelift of some sort, whether SMAS elevation or imbrication. It appears that there are issues with the prior surgeon, so looking for someone that does revisions after a Facelift is your next step. I would also wait at least one year to allow the tissues to soften as much as they can before having another surgery.

Julio Garcia, MD

Failure of SMAS Facelift and Revision

+2

I'm sorry that you're disappointed after your SMAS faceelift and subsequent revision. If your surgeon will not do an additional work, you have no choice but to get a second opinion from an experienced facial aesthetic physician. Best of luck!