3 Months Post-Facelift and Still Have Jowls

My jowls have decended. The Dr. agree's he would need to re-do my surgery. I'm still numb and sore, I worry if he's qualfied since it didn't turn out right the first time. My face still feels tight. Should I go to another Dr. who does smart lipo and have my jowls done or do you think I need to go thru it all again? I would also like to add I had ten days of severe pain and couldn't open my jaw wide enough to eat solid foods for about three weeks. Another Dr. I saw said that wasn't normal.

Smartlipo of jowls can damage nerves-Seek a second opinion on jowls after Facelift

While Laser Assisted Liposuction techniques like Smartlipo and SlimLipo can do an excellent job on the neck, one must be VERY CAREFUL trying to correct jowls with these laser techniques. The Marginal Mandibular Nerve which controls the mouth run very superficial near the jowl and can be injured by the laser and or suction cannula. I have seen reported cases of paralysis of the lip following Smartlipo done elsewhere by other surgeons.

Seek a second opinion. Most likely you will need a revision of your Facelift if jowls have recurred soon after a Facelift. Finding a good surgeon is very important especially for revision work. Word of mouth and seeking testimonials of patients is a good start