Is It Safe to Have a Facelift After Sculptra?

I had a Sculptra injection and am supposed to have 1 more in 6 weeks, the doctor's idea was to make my skin stronger so he can do a threadlift. After doing some research I think this is not for me and I'd like to go back to my original idea of having a traditional facelift - but I am now worried that if I get a facelift when my skin is a bit tighter from the Sculptra treatment it will sag again in 1-2 years once the Sculptra wears off. Can this be a problem after just 1 Sculptra injection?

Threadlift vs Facelift and Sculptra

+3

You are wise to avoid proceeding on the path you almost chose.

You can see by reviews on RealSelf what patients though about their threadlifts.

We have revised many, many threadlift surgerys from unhappy patients into nicely done facelifts, and the patients never look back.

The Sculptra shouldn't interfere with your facelift.  However you have missed a bit of a chance to give your future experienced facelift surgeon a totally accurate view of your appearance without temporary filler.  Hopefully your doctor will review a series of your older photographs to see what the appearance without Sculptra is.

Facelift after Sculptra

+2

Yes, you can a Face Lift anytrime after Sculptra injections.  Sculptra contains crystals that encourage, your body, to make collagen within the skin to fill up dents and indentations.  Not a fan of thread lifts however which are not Face Lifts IMHO.

+2

Dear eimel,

The Sculptra is very unlikely to interfere with a facelift. You may wish to consider additional volume enhancement  (eg. more Sculptra, or fat grafting) along with the facelift. Good luck with your facial rejuvenation.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD 

Larry Fan, MD

Facelift after sculptra

+2

I do not believe that you will compromise your facelift result if you have had sculptra.  It stimulates collagen growth and this should not "wear off".  It is also not uncommon to do additional sculptra treatments after a facelift if it is needed.  Donald R Nunn MD Plastic  Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Sculptra and Facelift

+2

Sculptra is a stimulatory filler.  It is best used as a series of treatments to restore volume to the face that has been lost over the years.  If you have significant skin laxity with deeper folds and marionette lines, a traditional Facelift may be your best bet to re suspend these tissues.  1 Sculptra treatment should not be an impediment to the Facelift and in fact Sculptra can be used  in conjunction with the Facelift to provide additional volume if necessary.

Stephen Delia, MD

Face lift after Sculptra.

+2

Face lift after Sculptra is fine. It should not make a significant difference in the final result. Choose an experienced facelift surgeon for the best results.

A well qualified facelift surgeon will have minimal issues with the sculptra.

+2

It is unlikely that there is that much sculptra in the face.  The facelift is far more powerful than the sculptra effects.  I recommend that you focus on finding the right facelift surgeon and discuss the issue with them.  I do not believe the sculptra treatment will prove to be an impediment to having a facelift.  I completely agree that the suture lifts are not a successful approach to rejuvenating the face.

Is it safe to have a facelift after Sculptra?

+1

I agree with the last doctor who replied, and I applaud your decision to move from a thread lift procedure to a more traditional one.  In the long run, it is very likely that you will be happier with this decision.  I do not believe that the Sculptra will have any effect on the results of your facelift procedure and that you can proceed safely.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facelift After Sculptra

+1

Sculptra injections can induce more scarring in the face, however if they are done in the first 6-8 weeks there is not as much scarring as when they are done long term. The surgeon needs to be aware of this and can treat it appropriately. Often, it mimics a secondary facelift in the dissection planes.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Face lift after Sculptra

+1

Face lifts and volumizing procedures such as fat grafting or sculptra work together instead of getting in the way of each other.  It would be fine to do a lift after sculptra.

Sam Naficy, MD