How to Get a Bigger, More Masculine Face?

I am a man with a very small face. I look like a little kid in pictures, due to the actual size of the whole face, it is narrow and thin. I believe a small face is due to a deficient lower jaw. I really do not wish to get jaw implants due to bone erosion etc. I have considered stuff like PMMA injections into the jaw to make my face bigger and manlier, what are the alternatives to jaw implants? I only want alternatives that will bring a huge noticeable change in terms of size of the face.

More masculine face and how to do this.

+1

I would have to see your face to determine what implants if any would be best. The "bad news" about fillers that are permanent or even very long lasting is that if you have a problem, bump, etc. it is permanent or long lasting.

Implants are a better choice and erosion is not a problem since it is minimal and in 35 years I have never seen it be significant.

Stronger more masculine face

+1

All the modalities you describe can work. Facial implants have a long safety record. I have seen bony erosion after 20-30 years of a silicone implant but other than some loss of projection, I have never known of a case of any functional damage due to these implants. There are many types of soft tissue augmentation methods, all of which have shortcomings also. I would have to see you in person to see what might work for you .

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jaw implants to masculinize the face

+1

Jaw implants should not cause bone erosion if done well. Most of the time the bone is on hard bone. Chin implants have been known to erode bone but this is mostly related to when they are placed more superiorly where the bone is soft. If done well I would not worry about his as much.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon