Eyebrows Frozen and Eyelids Dropped Week 2 After Botox for Frown Lines?

Dear doctors,This is my second time using Botox and the first time I Love it!!! However, I considered it was better to do it with a M.D instead of the Z-Med Spa now results are dissapointing. Very little movement of my eyebrows can't the lift the side also lids are dropped over my crease, and getting stuck. Now I look old, sad and still frown. M.D inyected me in top of the middle of my eyebrow. Is this a normal technique for frown lines only? What went wrong and how to fix it? Thanks.

Eyebrows frozen and eyelids dropped week 2 after Botox for frown lines?

+1

In general, it is important to have your injections performed by an experienced specialist. A board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist are all great choices. Injecting Botox in the wrong quantity and/or wrong area can result in a poor outcome. The Botox will last for three months on average. I would recommend speaking with your physician in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Botox to forehead

+1

You didn't mention your age or offer a photo, but your description is pretty typical for placing too much Botox into the forehead muscle which causes the entire forehead to relax and descend.  The older we get the more forehead laxity occurs, particularly over the lateral half of each eyebrow.  As that occurs, you run the risk of losing the lateral arch of the eyebrow when the muscle above is totally relaxing.  I describe it as the forehead almost becoming a 'plate' that comes down flattening your brows and making you look old somewhat glum.  Have your injector reduce the amount of Botox and be careful with placement in your forehead. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Drooping

+1

Every doctor has his/her own injection techniques.  If you are not satisfied with your outcome, you should follow-up with the physician who performed the procedure.  The drooping should improve within a few weeks to months.  By addressing the issue, you may be able to avoid the same problem in the future.

Jordan C. Carqueville, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Drooping Brow

+1

The best bet is for you to return to the provider who performed your injections so that they may address your concerns.  They will be the most informed as to the amount and the placement of the product and will hopefully be able to counsel you appropriately to achieve better results in the future.

Best Regards,

Jacque LeBeau, MD

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrows frozen and eyelids dropped

+1

It's hard to assess without examining you or seeing photos. There can be differences in results depending on the injector and the number of units used.

Fortunately, the unsatisfactory results will wear off.  Best to check back in with your doctor to discuss your concerns

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Botox and brow droop

+1

Without viewing photo's of the area you are concerned with, it is very difficult to answer your question. You should consider posting pictures, and follow up with your provider.

Sam Naficy, MD

Disappointed with Botox treatment

+1

It would be best to return to your injector for an evaluation at this point in time. Injection technique will absolutely vary from one injector to the next, and I don't know how many units you had done. But if you aren't happy, return to your injector to go over the situation and assess it.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD