Will Botox Ever Cause Deformities or Permanent Bruising or Muscle Destruction if Used on a Long-long-term?

I just had botox done a few weeks ago and im only 21 years old , I do them for assymetry but im wondering if used for 20-30 years maybe , and everytime it wears off Will it ever cause my a deformity or muscle destruction or even Permanent bruising? I've read so many horrifying stories but there have been some excuses like bad injector or things like that , although i'm really scared of anything like that happening to me , i've already lived in alot of pain Please advise , thank you so much!

Longterm Botox use

+2

I can speak from 15 years of experience.  Continued and regular Botox use is of no danger at all.   What you will see is atrophy of the muscle because of inability to use the muscle.  It is similar to working out at gym building up muscle and then stopping.  The muscle ultimately atrophies from non-use.  I see this on my long term patients that their brow muscles get smaller, they need less Botox than before and seem to go longer between treatments.  If you decide to stop using it in the future, the muscle is still there and will return to normal just like when you decide to go back to the gym again!

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Using Botox long-term

+1

When performed properly by a board certified physician, Botox is safe and can yield a great result. It will not cause any permanent bruising or destruction to muscle. When looking to have Botox, be sure to choose an experienced and board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. They are all great choices. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/botox/

Safety of Botox Longterm

+1

I typically counsel my patients that the facial mimetic muscles treated with Botox/Dysport will become slightly atrophic with continued treatments.  This is akin to a broken arm being placed in a cast which is removed several months later and the muscles have become atrophied from disuse.  Regular use often will allow for treatment with less Botox and longer intervals between treatments. 

Please refer to Allergan's website for review of the long term studies detailing the safety profile of Botox cosmetic.

Best Regards,

Jacque LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and long-term issues

+1

I would recommend you visiting the website for cosmetic Botox, to read about their studies and results of long-term use.

Web reference: http://www.botoxcosmetic.com

Long term Botox use is very safe

+1

Long term use of Botox to soften facial lines is very safe. Repeated injections of Botox over several years will weaken and atrophy muscles of facial expression, but not in a detrimental way. Botox and filler injections do not cause permanent bruising. 

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com/InjectableFillersSeattle_Botox_7800532.aspx

Long term BOTOX use has been found to be safe.

+1

There is enough data to support the safety of BOTOX, even when used for years together. In fact, there are studies that have evaluated the safety of BOTOX over a few decades. In the right hands, I would think that, you should largely be safe!

India Dermatologist

Botox is temporary

+1

The internet can be a great source of information, but it can also be a great source of misinformation. Botox does not cause permanent bruising (always temporary), deformities, or any tissue destruction.  All our research and clinical experience demonstrates that Botox is safe long term. In fact, besides use in cosmetics, large doses of Botox have been used for decades in neurologic diseases without permanent side effects. While your muscles need less Botox over time, this is a desired effect of long term use, and does not result in deformity or suggest muscle destruction. Enjoy it!

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

It is a very safe product.

+1

I have been treating with BOTOX since 1988.  It is a very safe product.  It does not cause permanent bruising or long term damage to muscles.  Like anything, it does help to go to injectors who really know what they are doing.  

Botox - Long term effects

+1

It is safe to use Botox at an early age as data shows from practitioners who have had patients who have had injections for 10 years or more that a positive attribute is that as the injected muscles atrophy (lose bulk), you may need less Botox product to achieve the same result.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Long-term Botox use

+1

Long-term Botox use will cause atrophy of the muscle, but this is kind of what you want. You don't want that muscle to pull and function the way it does, and so injecting it with Botox stops that from happening. In the long-term, the muscle simply isn't as strong anymore. I've injected Botox for 15+ years. I don't see any long-term problems with patients I've injected regularly, for that long. And like any muscle, if you stop doing something to it, it will take time, but ultimately it will change back to what it was. Problems with Botox nearly always have to do with injectors. The issue is that the procedure seems simple and so many think they can do it. The problem with that is, it's an art, and not everyone, as you know, is a great artist!