Extremely Swollen 4 Weeks After Fat Transfer?

I got fat injected under my eyes to correct my dark circles. Four weeks later, I'm still very swollen. My left eye isn't TOO bad, but it looks like I have a huge bag under my right eye! I took Medrol, have been eating pineapple and applying Arnica gel, but it just doesn't seem to be getting better. Is it possible to still be THIS swollen, or do you think I was overfilled? If it's swelling, how much longer before I can expect to look normal again? I'm tired of hiding behind sunglasses and hats.

Fat Transfer in the periorbital area

+1

I think it depends on where the injections and how much was done.  I would make sure you communicate well with your physician on this....Especially if you are only four weeks out follow up closely.....thanks

Santa Monica Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

It is possible to still be swollen 4 weeks after fat transfer.  However, the tear troughs are not an area into which much fat is injected.  Hopefully, you have visited your plastic surgeon to assess for bruising or fluid collection.  He or she should be able to give you a better idea.  Finally, you will not know how much of the fat will survive until at least 6 weeks to as long as 3 months.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA