What Can I Do For Disappointing Fat Grafting Under the Eyes?

I had fat grafting done under my eyes a year ago and I feel disgusted it looks like i still have a black eye and it still looks swollen under one. What can i do? I am so frustrated not only do i feel ugly but this ps did my breast implants and had to fix it I have been thru a night mare with him what are my rights do i have to pay him to fix my eye problem what is the deal here. High disgusted, embarrased, hurt and angry

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Revisionary Surgery Can Help

+1

Thank you for your questio. I am sorry that you are having such a difficult recovery.  It is important at this time to keep the lines of communication open with your surgeon and a more positive outlook.  There are things that can be done to help.  An open blepharoplasty, micro-liposuction, and steroid injections are just a few options to consider in addressing the fat transfer to the eye issue.  More definitive answers will  require before and after photos as well as examination.   Good luck with your recovery.  All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

+1

If the swollen area represents residual fat, a lower blepharoplasty approach is a reasonable approach to remove excess fat in that area.  If you really feel that your surgeon does a poor job, then find another surgeon.  However, sometimes poor outcomes occur in spite of brilliant technique.  Only you can assess the situation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Facial-Fat-Grafting-and-Stem-Cell-Rejuvenation.php

Fat grafting

+1

Correction of fat grafting especially in the lower lids is very difficult. It will require surgery and removal of lumps.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who you can trust and work with. there should be mutual trust and respect btween patient and physician

Revision blepharoplasty for lumps left by fat grafting.

+1

Revision blepharoplasty for lumps left by fat grafting is the only way that I know to end up with a much smoother lid. Usually these are encased scar tissues and do not respond well to other treatments.