Smooth Round Moderate vs. Smooth Round Moderate Plus

At my consult last year, I chose to get silicone implants placed under the muscle, incision in the crease, but still not too sure yet of profile shape. What are the differences in final look and results between smooth round moderate and smooth round moderate plus? I want 500cc but i've read that under the muscle placement somewhat "flattens out" implants; because of this reason would it be best to choose 550cc so that the final result will look like a 500cc? Thank you in advance.

Moderate versus Moderate Plus Profile Saline Filled Mammary Prosthesis

+2

Under the muscle placement will procduce a loss of implant projection comparable to losing 10-15% of the volume of the sizer placed over the breast when sizing preoperatively. I prefer the moderate plus for increased projection and less rippling.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Moderate versus Moderate Plus Implants: Whats the difference ?

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

In general when comparing a moderate and moderate plus implants, volume per volume, the moderate plus implant will offer slightly greater projection than will the moderate implant, which alternately, offers greater width. The premise that a sub-muscular implant placement will give you a "flatter" look is pure fallacy. As my colleague was suggesting, if done properly, the sub-muscular pocket will accommodate your implant perfectly with no compromise in projection. In my practice, the Mentor Moderate Plus Profile implant is the preferred choice, with the exception of women with narrow chests that are better suited for high-profile implants.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Web reference: http://www.BeverlyHillsCosmeticSurgeon.com

Difference between moderate and moderate plus

+2

The difference is not much.  It is actually a few millimeters in projection.  If you are looking for a fuller look, then go with moderate plus or high profile.  If you are looking to stay more conservative, then a moderate plus or moderate may do the trick.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and we can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

+1

I agree with the volume but I prefer HP. So I guess I added more issues. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Differences between breast implant profiles

+1

Some very interesting responses to your questions.

First, I would have to disagree with the concept that the muscle does not flatten out the implant.  Having placed a good amount of implants over the last ten years, I have consistently seen patients complain that they would have gone with a little larger size if given the chance to do it again.  As such, even though there are certainly many factors that contribute to this, I do believe that the more tissue we place the implant beneath, the smaller it will appear.  As such, I almost always upsize my final implant volume as compared to the size chosen during the initial sizing. 

As for profile, I think this is really more of an issue of base width across your breast.  The earlier implants were simply too wide at larger volumes for most patients.  Now, with the proper choice of profiles, we can tailer the look much better especially in women who are slender and who have relatively narrow chest walls.  This type of patient is extremely common in Colorado given how athletic and fit most women are.  As such, I tend to prefer the High Profile or Moderate Plus Profile implants over the wider Moderate Profile implants.

In the end, this is really a decision that you need to make with your Plastic Surgeon. 

I hope that helps!

Web reference: http://www.beautybybuford.com/services/breast/augmentation-denver-colorado/

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Very little difference in a moderate and moderate plus implant

+1

There is very little difference between a moderate and moderate plus breast implant and it is very unlikely that anyone could tell the difference after a breast augmentation. If implants are placed and covered well neither should present problems with rippling. Also, the submuscular placement of an implant will not flatten out the result or make the breast look smaller.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Avoid moderate profile breast implants.

+1

Hi.

So called moderate profile implants are really under filled low profile, and can cause rippling, even though they are silicone.

We use moderate plus profile for most women and high profile for women with narrow chests.

Implant choices

+1

Implant options today are much better than they were years ago.  As for the  moderate plus vs moderate the main difference is that for the same volume, the moderate plus are narrower and have more projection.

Moderate plus has slightly more projection

+1

The implants are mentor type implants, and the moderate plus will have slightly more projection and slightly smaller diameter for a given size. Your surgeon will measure your chest diameter and take your goals into consideration when chosing the implant, however I agree that the difference between the two should be minimal.

Web reference: http://dccosmetics.com/procedures/breast/breast-augmentation-dc/

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

"Flatten Out" of Implant Under Muscle Just A Myth

+1

One of the great myths out there is that the muscle will flatten theimplants and make it appear smaller when underneath the muscle.  This is just a myth.  When done correctly, the muscle should stretch just like the skin, and therefore be just as loose and soft.  If it wasn't, the implant would be tight and feel firmer.  If it is nice and soft, and sits in the appropriate space, then in should be the exact same size as over the muscle.  With regards to the type of implant, I use the moderate plus implant 80% of the time.  I think it does a better job of giving women both the size and the projection.  For the same width, the moderate give you 1.5cm less projection. It doesn't sound like a lot, but if you had a 500cc moderate on one side and a 500cc moderate plus on the other, ytou would be able to tell.  In your case, i wouldgo with the 500cc moderate plus implant.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon