Should I Expect a Treatment of Invisalign to Last for over 12 Months?

I suffer from overcrowding in the lower-frontal teeth area. This causes me some discomfort. However, I was wondering if my overcrowding could be too severe for Invisalign, but if not, should I expect a long treatment, or is there a more optimal solution for me? All my wisdom teeth have been removed, and I am 27 years of age.

You do the math

+2

The most optimal tooth movement for Invisalign is 0.1mm per aligner. Therefore, find the most crowded teeth in your mouth. Measure how far off the alignment is. Multiply by ten (the amount of aligners needed). Then divide by 2 (2 aligners per month). That will tell you how many months of treatment is needed. Your case could go over 12 months.

If you finish faster, all the better. There could be unforeseen problems that might prolong the treatment.

Good luck!

Encino Orthodontist

Invisalign for crowding

+2

I think 10 to 12 months would be a good estimate if your main focus is to fix the crowding.  From your photos, it is difficult to tell if there is a bite problem (malocclusion) in the back that would add time to treatment if you are interested in fixing that as well. 

Calgary Cosmetic Dentist

Anything you can do with fixed braces can probably be done with Invisalign.

+2

Based on the photos that you have included, you can probably treat with Invisalign in under a year. It is great to see the photos but they could have been taken from a little better angles to get more information from them (board quality photos).

Springfield Orthodontist

Maybe less than a year

+2

Your pictures are great (wonderful to include) - and your case seems ideal for Invisalign.  I would guess your case would be less than a year.

You need a personal consultation to find out for sure.  You will be very happy with the results!

Plano Cosmetic Dentist

How long for invisalign?

+2

Always hard to evaluate just based on computer pictures, but you sure look like a good Invisalign candidate and your crowding doesn't look all that bad..I would certainly think less than a year with Invisalign

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign is a great option

+2

Thanks for providing the pictures, it really helps.  I think 12 months would be a good estimate.  It's sometimes hard to predict exactly how long it'll take.  You may finish a month or two ahead of schedule.  Sometimes the bone is really dense, so it may take an extra couple of months to move teeth.  To correct the crowding on lower teeth the dentist will need to carefully check that there's room for teeth to move every month or so, and polish between teeth when necessary.  

Good luck with your treatment!

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign will work well for you!

+2

Danka1789-

From your pictures, Invisalign would be a great option for you. If you wear your aligners well and are very compliant then it is highly possible your case will take under a year.  Clear ceramic braces are also an option, which would be faster. I would recommend seeing an orthodontist who can evaluate and discuss with you all the different treatment options!

New York Orthodontist

Invisalign is great for crowding.

+2

Hi Danka1789!

Very helpful pictures.  From what I can see, Invisalign would be a great treatment for you, and it will probably take LESS than a year.

Best!

Dr. Alper

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Many Invisalign cases are handled in under a year

+2

Thanks for sending your pictures.  They are quite helpful.  Assuming there not other complications, like TMJ Dysfunction, your case is not severe and looks like treatment will be well under a year.   Invisalign can be very effective in treating mild to moderate crowding and these days can treat more complex problems that were not treatable just a few years back.  The bottom line is that you should go ahead with an evaluation from a competent, seasoned Invisalign provider.  I know that visit will allay any concerns you may have.

Denver Orthodontist

Invisalign for Crowded Teeth

+2

Great question! Looking at your pictures it looks like Invisalign would be an ideal treatment for your lower anterior crowding. Treatment time for Invisalign averages a year and your case looks to be pretty average.  

Good luck!

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist