Is There a Procedure to Remove Excess Armpit Skin?

Is there a procedure to remove excess armpit skin? I'm not overweight yet I find that as I'm getting older, the skin in my underarm or armpit is starting to get that 'turkey neck' look.

I'm not bothered by any upper arm 'flagging' but the extra skin keeps me from wearing anything sleeveless. That is so limiting when it comes to dressing. Thank you.

Yes

+2

Hi there-

Without an exam and discussion of your goals, it is very difficult to know what may or may not be possible for you, but it sounds like a Modified Brachioplasty technique should be of benefit to you.

In this technique, a small scar in the armpit crease is used to tighten and contour the area, often with a bit of liposuction in the posterior, upper arm region if necessary.

I often do these small mini-arm-lifts in the office under local anesthesia, with minor recovery restrictions and a uniformly high rate of patient satisfaction.

The best way to be sure is to visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon near you for an exam and some advice.