Insurance to Cover Fat-grafting for Asymmetrical, Tuberous Breasts? (photo)

I've read enough to know that it is possible to correct breasts with fat grafting. I do NOT want implants. My question is whether or not a surgeon would accept payment through TRICARE for the procedure. In addition to covering post-mastectomy surgery, I was surprised to find out TRICARE also covers correction of congenital deformities such as mine. I'm looking for a surgeon who, if not a TRICARE provider already, would be my advocate to help me reimburse some of my costs.

Yes it is possible for your insurance to cover it

+1

We have successfully corrected breast asymmetry issues with fat grafting. On certain conditions they have been covered by insurance. It really varies per case. We welcome you to speak to our office who can review your insurance.

Insurance Coverage for Fat Grafting to Tuberous Breasts

+1

While the insurance policy may state that congenital deformities are covered, I have not had success in getting tuberous breasts approved for coverage. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA