Do Dense Breasts Do Less Well with Fat Transfers & Brava?

I am getting a fat transfer to the breast on 4/11/13. One doc that I consulted with said that dense breasts do not do well with Brava or fat grafting. She told me I would get "no results" from the Brava Sport. I know my breasts are very dense as I am 46 & my mammographer always tells me this. I have never been pregnant/had children either. I began Brava last night and do see some swelling already this morning. Is this true? I am 5'5 and 127 lbs.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Brava Bra Would Be Helpful For Fat Transfer in Dense Breasts

+1

Thank you for your question.  If you are considering fat transfer to the  breasts as an alternative to implant augmenation, use of the Brava Bra would be very helpful.  This preoperative treatment helps to create space for fat transfer and an increased blood supply which makes for a more hospitable site for fat grafting.  Most patient respond very well to this combination.  A more definitive answer would require physical examination in person. All the  best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Density of Breasts and Results of Fat Transfer to the Breasts

+2

The density of the breast tissue will have some effect on the results of fat transfer.  Remember though that the muscle, the subcutaneous tissue, and intervening stromal tissue can all be injected.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Facial-Fat-Grafting-and-Stem-Cell-Rejuvenation.php