Will Large Lumps 11 Weeks After Fat Transplant to Breasts Resolve? If Not, What Are the Options?

Dec 6th 2012 I had liposuction of ancles, calves, knees and thighs, with 1240 ml fat removed. 400 ml fat was then transfered to each breast. I had 1cm incisions below breasts as well as multiple injection sites in upper regions when I woke up, and the pain in my breasts was severe and lasted 3 weeks. After 4 weeks I felt a large 5 cm lump on the upper/outer side of the the left breast, plus other smaller lumps in both breasts. This is still unchanged after 11 weeks. Is it likely to resolve?

Large Lumps 11 Weeks After Fat Transplant to Breasts

+1

These sound like "fat necrosis" or "oil cysts."  They cannot be diagnosed on line without a physical exam. You will need to see your surgeon for an in person evaluation. Best wishes.

Lumps in breasts with fat injection

+1

The lumps in the breasts after fat injection probably represent fat necrosis which may resolve on its own. It is best to be properly evaluated by your surgeon in person.

Lumps in Breasts at 11 Weeks after Fat Grafting to Breasts

+1

These lumps are probably areas of fat necrosis, but an examination by your plastic surgeon will be necessary.   These areas may soften with time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA