Chin Implant Recovery

What aftercare do I need once I get a chin implant.  When can I return to work?  Worried about bruising

What's the recovery after a Chin implant?

I have performed Chin augmentation with chin implants for over 20 years and:

1. Only use an incision, under the chin, never through the mouth to place the chin implant
  2. Do not secure the chin implant with sutures or screws
  3. Do not recommend using a strap or wrap across the chin area which, IMHO, could cause the chin implant to move
  4. Recommend patients do not touch the chin implant for 1 month
  5. Recommend patients sleep on an airline style U-shaped pillow for 1 month
  6. Recovery is quite quick, with majority of swelling and bruising gone at 1 week
  7. The mouth, smile etc. will feel restricted which improves over the subsequent several months
  8. The chin implant should be completely healed at 3-4 months
  9. Numbness, if any, resolvs over several months

Hope this helps.