What is an Approximate Recovery Time for Thigh Lift with Tummy Tuck?

Same Time Tummy Tuck and Medial Thigh Lift

Tummy Tuck and Medial Thigh Lift Recovery happen simultaneously so the recovery is the same for a tummy tuck alone. It is great to do both  at the same time as a tummy tuck scar often blends in with the thigh lift scar.
Frequently, additional enhancing surgeries such as breast augmentation or liposuction to improve the waistline or other regions, pubis or medial thigh lift  can be performed at the same time as a tummy tuck without delaying your recovery period. That is what a "mommy makeover" is all about.

Following the TT surgery, you will be walking in a bent-over position to keep tension off the newly tightened skin incision site. Although strenuous activity, and lifting more than ten pounds, must be avoided for 6 weeks, some people can return to work and daily activities as soon as 2 weeks after surgery. Softening of the surgical scars, return of sensation, and loosening of the tight sensation may take several months to a year or more.
Abdominoplasty involves a recovery period of 10 to 14 days longer than most plastic surgical procedures. Initial discomfort and decreased mobility is typical. 3-5 days or more of assistance at home is usually indicated. You will be encouraged to move and walk regularly starting the day of surgery. Wearing your TED stockings at all times, except while washing, to prevent venous clots (deep vein thrombosis) is mandatory. Light activity is comfortable in 10-20 days. No sports or heavy lifting for 6 weeks or more – please discuss with your doctor for specific questions.

Abdominoplasty with thigh lift

Just a different view here. I don't recommend patients to undergo these procedures simultaneously. The recovery for each procedure alone is significant and combined it is multiplied. The recovery is specific and different for each surgery and I don't feel that patient's can adequately provide all care properly.Complications are multiplied and results may be compromised.I perform TT with smaller breast or arm procedures, but not thigh lift

Algird R. Mameniskis, MD

Cosmetic Plastic Surgery is an Art and a Science

Thank you for the question. Most patients need 10 days to get through the initial recovery. Full muscle healing with full activity usually take 6 weeks. Good luck. Dr Thomas Narsete      Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Recovery Time After Thigh Lift and Tummy Tuck.

Dear D1blkpurl,

I would instruct my patients to plan on 4 weeks before they could go back to a desk job and begin light activties. It will be in the 6-8 week period for full recvery. Good luck. Dr. G.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Healing time for thigh lift, tummy tuck

I would agree with the other doctors that responded. Usually you need about 6 weeks to fully recover from the procedure.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Healing Time for Tummy Tuck and Thigh lift

Great question. The usual healing time for tummy tuck and thigh lift is usually 6 weeks. Healing may take longer in a patient who has multiple medical problems  or who has had a major weight loss ( >100 lbs.)

Tummy Tuck and Thigh Lift Recovery

Tummy tuck and an extended thigh lift usually take at least 6 weeks to heal.  It is not uncommon to have prolonged wound healing with an extended thigh lift even in the fittest of patients with optimal nutrition and no health problems.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles,CA