Can I Drink Alcohol 2 Weeks After a Tummy Tuck?

I had a tummy tuck on Feb 6th. I took percocet until about Feb 9th, and was on Fragmin til Feb 14th, and haven't taken any medications since. I've had no complications, am healing well, pain-free, and taking it super easy. Am I ok to have a glass of wine or a beer at this point?

Question about drinking some alcohol 2 weeks after tummy tuck

+1

Being off narcotics and 2 weeks postoperatively, it should not be a problem in having an alcoholic drink. HOWEVER, you need to ask this of your plastic surgeon since he/she operated on you and is responsible for your care and knows your history.

Sounds like you have done great. Congratulations!

It Might Be Okay To Drink 2 Weeks After Your Tummy Tuck

+1

It is important you ask your surgeon this question, as they would be more familiar with your condition at the moment. But based on the information you've provided, it's probably okay to have a glass of beer or wine right now since you say that you are no longer taking any medications and are recovering well.

Congratulations on your tummy tuck and easy recovery!

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

I think it would be fine to have a drink at this point.  You sound like you are doing great.  Good luck! K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Can I Drink Alcohol 2 Weeks After a Tummy Tuck

+1

You are within the time period that some light alcohol should be fine.  Please check with your surgeon.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Alcohol After Tummy Tuck #tummytuck

+1

As usual, you must consult your surgeon for his or her plan. Being that said I would allow you to have a drink if you were my patient given that you are off of narcotics and blood thinners. Having been on blood thinner you should always clear something like this with your surgeon. Best of luck and continued healing!!

Richard J. Brown, MD

Drinking Alcohol After A Tummy Tuck

+1

Since you are approximately two weeks postop, doing well, and are off medications, it is acceptable to have a glass of wine or beer if you wish.  I would still highly recommend staying away from hard liquor.  I would also strongly suggest that you speak directly with your surgeon to make sure that he/she agrees with these guidelines.  Good luck!

Mark Schwartz, MD

Can I drink alcohol 2 weeks after my tummy tuck?

+1

Since you are off all narcotic medications, I see no reason why you cannot celebrate your new body with a glass of wine. Cheers!

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Alcohol after a tummy tuck

+1

You should clear this with your plastic surgeon but in my practice I would allow you to drink alcohol 2 weeks after surgery.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

+1

Although you should ask your plastic surgeon, I let my patients drink alcohol at this point after their surgeries as long as they are not on any medications that would interact unfavorably with alcohol.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Alcohol after tummy tuck

+1

Congratulations for such good recovery after TT. If your wounds have all healed and if you are off from medications moderate amounts of alcohol can not harm in any way .

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon