What Causes the Droop Down of Corners of Mouth?

I already have had enough with the dropped facial muscles and don't want them to be worse. So want to know the causes so that I can avoid doing things that cause them. :s

Jowls and the aging face

+1

This a natural part of the aging process related to chronic exposure to gravity and muscle movement. You cannot avoid these unless you have no facial expressions and live in a gravity free zone. Genetics, exposure to extreme climates and smoking can accelerate the process so these should be avoided.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Droop of corners of mouth

+1

Sagging of the corners of the mouth is a natural part of aging. A facelift usually is not enough. Fillers alone improve but, are not perfect. Botox of the depresser muscles will help but, this is tricky.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Downturned corners of the mouth

+1

As one ages, the soft tissues around the mouth descend.  Often this can be improved with a facelift and/or facial fillers.