What is the Biltmore Plastic Surgery Compare to Traditional Facelift?

Please explain if Biltmore lift is another name for mini facelift? If Biltmore plastic surgery is another type of surgery, how long the result lasts compare to mini facelift? Thanks, Kathy T.

More marketing hooey.

+4

Again nothing wrong with what this North Carolina surgeon is proposing.  Mini and limited facelifts come in all varieties and forms.  Associating one's name or a name with one's technique can suggest that there is something special about the particular approach and that it standard marketing fare.  Nothing particularly unique about the surgical approach.  I must say that this surgeon does have great prices compared to the major cities.  However, before you commit yourself to a particular surgeon especially if you have to travel, can I get back to see this surgeon if there is an issue?  Who will take care of me if I am having a problem after surgery and it is not possible to travel?

Branded Facelifts

+3

Branded facelifts are an interesting phenomenon of facial plastic surgery.  There are many positive and negative comments for these types of lifts from both patients and doctors.  Why do you think there is so much controversy?

One reason why is that anytime there is change, you will always find resistance, and this situation is no different.

A branded facelift is like a tool: it is neither good nor bad, it all depends on how it is used.  Just like any other tool, a hammer can be used to hurt someone or to build something of fantastic value.

A branded facelift is a tool that is used to help patients identify with and understand the profound personal transformation they can experience with these procedures.

In all areas of life, you will always find things being done for good or bad reasons.  This is the case in the financial industry, education, politics, healthcare, and even plastic surgery.

Some say if you are good about what you do you don’t need to advertise.  You may counter that if you are really good at what you do, you should tell the whole world and let even more people know.

Either way, when you consult for a cosmetic procedure, the process is still the same.  Choose your doctor based on credentials, track record, specialization in the procedure you desire, the ability to perform the procedure without general anesthesia or IV sedation if you desire, reputation, procedure longevity, and patient results and satisfaction.

If someone downplays a branded facelift, ask if they drive a branded car, wear branded designer label clothes, eat at branded restaurants, drink a branded drink, watch Disney movies, talk on a branded cell phone, or wear a branded watch.  Yes, they might even trust their lives to a branded cholesterol or blood pressure medicine.

The truth is we live in a world of brands, and these brands can help us to distinguish between the multitude of confusing choices that are out there.  Best of luck in your choosing to move forward, and please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Richard Castellano, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Many variations by name and technique to face Lidft and Mini Lifts

+2

What's in a name?  Could be the surgery center's idea of marketing or perhaps some trechnique variation to a Face Lift or Mini Lift.  I would have no way of knowing and your best bet is to pay for a few consultations, this one and several others with experience and good reputations performing Face Lifts and Mini Lifts, so you can learn the difference and decide which, if any, are right for you. 

The Branding And Marketing of The Mini-Facelift

+2

These names of limited or mini-facelifts are of marketing origin, not of a better or longer-lasting facelifting technique. Like the Lifestyle Lift, Quicklift and many other such branded names, they are simply scaled down or more minimally invasive facelift or facial rejuvenation methods. There is nothing wrong with these surgical techniques if your facial aging problem is well matched to what these procedures can achieve. (a minimal amount of jowling and neck sagging only needs a minimal procedure but more significant skin sagging requires a more significant operation, aka traditional facelift)  Unfortunately, patients get caught up in the 'minimally invasive' and 'rapid or quick recovery' aspects of these methods which serve as the backbone of their marketing and can end up disappointed when the result may not match their expectations. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Biltmore Plastic Surgery VS. Traditional Facelift?

+2

The surgeon advertising the Biltmore Facelift lives in western North Carolina one of whose landmarks is the magnificent Vanderbilt estate located outside of Asheville. Unlike his family which built summer "escapes" in Newport Beach Rhode Island George Washington Vanderbilt built this magnificent palace based on the Loire Valley Blois Palace.

Not a bad way to invoke elegance in the minds of North Carolinians and Floridians familiar with Biltmore.

It is essentially another "minimally invasive Facelift" which does not compare to a standard Facelift.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Biltmore vs mini

+1

Surgeon techniques differ, as do results, bedside manner, and experience That said, look for someone who is board certified in plastic surgery; meet with a PS and find someone with whom you are comfortable. Please don't get lost in the specifics of a procedure. Many of my colleagues cannot agree on a specific way to address issues. Your interest should be the final result. How you get there is the partnership between you and your plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Branded face lifts

+1

Branded face lifts such as Lifestyle, Quick lift, and hundreds of lesser known ones are nothing but attempts at surgeons and organizations marketing themselves.

Sam Naficy, MD

Face Lift

+1

Seldom do people marketing a particular procedure give all the details of the procedure.  I would not be as concerned about the name, but ask specifically what is the procedure going to entail, how far they going to undermine, or dissect, and if they are going to repair the muscle or SMAS.  Are they going to do any liposuction, and how far is the incision going to extend.  Also, ask if they will repair any platysma bands in the neck, and how.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and ask them what you need, and what procedure they will be doing.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Facelift - What is the Biltmore Plastic Surgery Compare to Traditional Facelift?

+1

What's in a name?...attaching someone or something's name to a procedure risks confusing the issues.  There are many different procedures, types of procedures, variants - and even the same surgeon rarely does any given procedure exactly the same every time.  So when you hear of a procedure with a name - you have to ask what that really means?  And that's how I would answer that question - what IS a Biltmore (or any other named) facelift?  Once you know that, you can compare it with any other named - or unnamed - facelifts.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Branded Facelifts

+1

My advice to anyone considering facial rejuvenation: be very skeptical about the numerous branded "fantasy" lifts currently marketed today.  I don't specifically know what a "Biltmore" lift is, but I can assure you that it does not represent any thing new, anything safer, or more effective than current techniques. The fact is that most Surgeons individualize their Facelifts based on experience and their patient population, so a prospective patient will receive a different result based on who he/she chooses to perform the procedure.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon