Driving After Tummy Tuck

How Soon Can One Drive a Car After Tummy Tuck and Muscle Repair Surgery ???

Driving after tummy tuck?

+1
Thank you for the question! Certainly, discuss this with your plastic surgeon, as answers will vary among surgeons. I typically say that whenever you are not taking narcotic pain medications and when you feel like you are strong enough to turn the steering wheel suddenly if needed, then you may resume driving. If you meet those requirements, take short trips around your block with somebody and see how you do. Best wishes!

Driving after tummy tuck

+1

In order to drive, you must be off all narcotic medications.  Beyond that, a lot of it is dependent on your recovery and how you are feeling.  Most patients wait a minimum of 2 weeks.  

B. Aviva Preminger, MD

Driving after tummy tuck surgery

+1

Recovery after tummy tuck surgery is crucial. Follow the instructions of your plastic surgeon to ensure the best results possible. My patients are advised to refrain from driving for a minimum of 2 weeks -- sometimes longer. As long as they are off of all narcotics and think they can respond to an emergency then they can drive.

The recovery process for the tummy tuck procedure is so important to the final outcome. If a patient starts doing things too soon, they may cause some post operative complications.  Follow the direction of your surgeon and do your best to allow your body to heal completely.