If I Got a "Donut Pillow" Could I Return to Work Earlier After BBL?

Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

While sitting after a Brazilian Butt Lift should be possible with appropriate modifications, the specific modifications necessary in your particular case will depend on where the fat grafts are placed, the period of time after surgery, and your surgeon's preferences.

I would not want any of my patients deviating from my advice based on what they read online, and I'm sure your surgeon would also be unhappy if he knew you were considering doing so...

As long as you have selected a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has a lot of experience, skill, and talent in the performance of the BBL, your best bet is going to be to follow his instructions and precautions carefully and completely.

Brazilian butt lift and doughnut pillow

+1

You're better off using a regular pillow. The doughnut pillow will apply uneven pressure on the buttocks and may give you an uneven result in the buttocks. A regular pillow will give even pressure and you get an even effect on the buttocks that. You don't want an uneven result. 

Wendell Perry, MD

Post operative recovery after a Brazilian butt lift

+1

The Brazilian butt lift is beautiful and effective way to create a wonderful curvy shape and a full round natural bottom. Just as important as the surgery itself is the postoperative recovery. Patients need to be constructed on the best way to take care of their body and their beautiful new curves. In my practice here in Miami, the Brazilian butt lift is one of our most popular procedures. After the surgery, the patients are given very specific instructions on the best way to take care of their new curves. We recommend that the patient avoid placing any pressure on to the butt for at least 2 to 3 weeks. The patient needs to use a donut pillow cushion whenever they sit during this period. This allows the weights to be placed on the back of the legs and to avoid putting pressure on the bottom edge of the gluteal area. The patient can also obtain from us a lightweight portable chair that they can use either at home or at work. This chair has a thin bench which allows them to sit on the back of their size and put no pressure on the gluteal area either.

For the best results, be sure that you are working with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in liposuction, body contouring, and fat grafting. Ask them a question that you may have but be prepared when they tell you to avoid placing any pressure on to these areas.

Pat Pazmino, MD