Does Velashape Work?

Almost everyone on this site who has had VelaShape or VelaSmooth says it wasn't worth it because it didn't work to reduce cellulite.  But hundreds and maybe even thousands of doctors offer VelaShape or VelaSmooth and continue to sell it to patients for cellulite treatment.  Why are doctors selling this treatment if people aren't seeing results...and more importantly, why are people still buying it?!  So, does it work or not?  Help me out...I'm so confused.

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+2

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

The gold standard and still the best treatment that...

+2

The gold standard and still the best treatment that works for cellulite is Endermologie. Nothing is yet permanent but Endermologie has a long, positive track record. Treatments are not painful and maintenance only requires 2 or 3 treatments a year. Be sure the Endermologie Therapist has appropriate training and has been doing treatments for awhile. It is not easy to properly administer treatments so ask for references.

Why would a doctor sell a treatment that doesn't work?

+1

I have no personal experience with these devices, but purchasing any device for many $1000's corrupts your objectivity as a clinician.  Manufacturers are adept at convincing doctors to embrace new technology with the following pitch: 1. It's the greatest thing ever (TGTE) 2. It didn't work? Change your treatment settings and you'll see it's TGTE 3. You need to combine treatments with our other great device, and then you'll see it's TGTE 4. Your machine is now two years old- you should buy our brand new machine that is truly TGTE.

If your MD is caught in this cycle, it is very difficult to escape.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.