Does Laser Hair Rejuvenation Work?

I have thinning hair on the crown of my head, and I'm wondering, does the Revage 670 laser machine work for this?

Laser hair rejuvenation may help prevent hair loss

Laser hair rejuvenation may help prevent hair loss. Laser brushes use laser therapy to revitalize and nourish hair follicles. If the laser brush is used properly, patients may see results of thicker and fuller hair. I highly recommend talking with a board certified dermatologist with experience in hair loss and restoration to discuss all your hair loss prevention options to determine the best treatment for you.  It is hard for most patients to apply a laser brush for 15 minutes on all areas of baldness three times per week with consistency.  A new option is the laser cap which has 224 LED lights using the 633 wavelength which is easy for anyone to use but the cost will be prohibitive for most.  The red laser light is used after hair transplant surgery to speed the recovery and improve the swelling and the redness.  Most experts feel it is helpful used in this way.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Lasers do not work

Low level laser therapy for hair does not work. I’ve offered it at my practice for FREE. I even gave it away as a study. I have not seen results. Maybe you can claim the patients didn’t use it right.

The studies or papers that are out there do not show clear results. If they work, it is so minimal it’s not worth the effort or cost to justify a result that can not be seen with a naked eye for someone to say “that was worth it”.

Most lasers are in the range of 650 to 670nm wavelength
This is not a magic number wavelength for hair growth.
650-670nm is the RED wavelength in almost ALL lasers. (red laser)

The $1 WallMart laser pointer is ALSO a low power (low level) laser that emits at 650-670nm
These hair lasers are just a dome or a hat that incorporates 20 to 30 of these $1 lasers.
You can make one for yourself for probably under $50.
This is a GREAT marketing and business plan. (note: sarcasm)

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Low laser light therapy for hair loss

Dear Renees,

Laser therapy is a great addition to combatting female hair loss. There are several different versions. I would look for one that is FDA cleared. Capillus 272 is the latest laser cap you can wear 30 minutes every other day. I recommend this to many of our female patients in addition to PRP (platelet rich plasma) therapy as well as minoxidil/retinoic topical.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revage 670 Hair Restoration

It has been clinically proven and FDA cleared, for men and women, to stimulate your scalp and promote hair growth. The process which delivers laser energy to the hair follicle stimulating the vessels that help with hair growth. It stimulates dormant hair follicles to grow.   We use two types of Low Level Light Therapy the iGrow and the Revage.  We have seen success with both. The process is completely painless. According to Revage website information, the success rate is 85% and it increases hair density by 40-60%.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Hair Rejuvenation

The Bosley Lasercomb is the first and only home-use medical laser device that has been clinically proven and FDA cleared, for men and women, to stimulate your scalp and promote hair growth.  The Bosley LaserComb works via the principle of photo-biostimulation, a process which delivers laser energy to the hair follicle. The light energy emitted from the Bosley LaserComb may increase blood flow and circulation within the scalp and in doing so, revitalize individual follicles and promote a general strengthening of the hair. Blood flow is crucial to promoting healthy hair growth; it brings important nutrients into the follicle, while allowing the follicular cells to effectively dispose of detrimental waste products.  Use the LaserComb on thinning areas of the scalp for 10 -15 minutes, three times per week. Though not ideal for the treatment of advanced hair loss, the Bosley LaserComb is a convenient method to obtain the very best results after hair restoration surgery and to maintain existing hair.

Allan J. Parungao, MD