What Are My Options To Treat Dimpling / Pitting in Chin? Is It Caused By My Chin Implant?

What might help the dimpling that has developed in my chin over the last several years? I had jaw surgery (for an underdeveloped lower jaw) and a chin implant in my teens, am now in my mid-30's. Would botox or fillers help? Or could it mean something is going wrong with the chin implant?

Treatment for chin dimpling after Chin Implant surgery.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos. The quality of your photos is limiting, but I can appreciate several indentations along your chin. They appear to be similar to acne scars. Frankly, I'm not sure if these are related to your previous surgery.

You may want to consult a reputable dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon to see if you would benefit from an injectable filler treatment. My hunch is that you may. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Crease

+1

The chin crease can be easily addressed with a few different methods with great results.  Fillers are one option but they are temporary and require you to have it reinjected.  There is another non-invasive method that yields longer lasting results. Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you.

Kimberly Lee, MD