Can You Die from Having Surgery on Your Diastasis Recti?

Hi Im going in for surgery on Tuesday. Im afraid my Dr. stated that I had hernia and when I went to see this general surgeon he said that I had diastasis recti and that he was gonna cut me up and down above my belly button, tuck it and put some mesh on it. I have been trying my best to get some answers and I havent found any and Im really scared. All I wanna know is if you can die from this surgery and what are the after effects?

Surgical fears

Let me assure you that your fear is normal. Fear typically comes from lack of education about the subject. I would advise you to consult with your board certified plastic surgeon regarding your questions and concerns. You may find it easier to reach your surgeon's nurse who should be able to answer your questions and put you at ease thus   eliminating fear. Best of luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon