Did the Pocket Close? Implant Won't Drop. There is Movement, But Won't Drop Into Pocket?

left implant won't drop - it will move around but not down into the pocket - it feels like its stuck The pocket under the nipple and its empty and droopy I'm scared to death on how much this will cost to fix. I have tried everything to get this implant to drop into the pocket - nothing happens. I have tried high dosages of vitamin E - heating pads - massages - the breast strape - had my husband put an ace bandage around me as tight as he could (on the upper pole) - still wearing surgical bars

2 Months After Breast Augmentation With Malpositioned Implant - Will It Drop?

+1

Dear Julie, I am so sorry to hear you are going through this.  At 2 months post operatively, something has interfered with the movement of your implant downward, and it won't drop any more.  This is a surgical complication.  It more than likely was listed as one of the potential complications in your informed consent.  As such, even the most experienced plastic surgeons get a malpositioned implant, rarely, but we all get them.  That being said, in my practice there is never a charge for correction of a surgical complication. 

It's time to make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to set up a revisionary surgery.  I would stop the high doses of vitamin E, they don't work anyway, and they will increase your chances of bleeding during the revisionary surgery. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

High Breast Implant Position

+1

Your level of concern about this breast implant position should be based on how long after surgery that you are. If you are six to 12 weeks after surgery, then there is going to be no change and a revision will be needed to lower the pocket level for the implant. Prior to six weeks after surgery, downward implant movement is possible. In rare cases, some dropping of the implant may take place after six weeks.

Web reference: http://www.eppleybreastaugmentation.com

Implant and pocket

+1

I think that it is important to give more details like how long has it been since your surgery.  If it was recent, it may still come down. If not, you may need to see your surgeon about a possible revision.

Hello

+1

You did not mention how long has it been since your surgery. In our practice we recommend the breast band, your implants will drop with time. Consistence of downward pressure will help. You should see you PS to get your options to help your situation.