Can a Dermal Filler Migrate Up?

Hello, I had a HA dermal filler injected in my nasal labial folds about a year ago. However I ended up with a good amount of filler higher up at the side of my nose, along my nose. On both sides. The doctor who did this claims that they did not inject in that area & that the filler can (though rarely) migrate in this manner. Is this possible? Can a filler really travel up vertically? Thank you for any tips.

Migrating Filler

+1

I am in the same boat with Dr Wallach, I have never seen filler migrate. Supposedly, Juvederm has a slight tendency to do this, but I have heard of this under the eyes and not in the naso-labial folds. 

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Filler

+1

I have not had filler migrate although  almost anything as possible. Did you have bruising or swelling after the injection? Was it full along the side of your nose immediately after the injection ? It is possible that it could have "traveled" up to this area during the injection. I would think that after year it should be resolving .

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dermal filler migration/

+1

I have never experienced dermal filler migrafting anywhere. However, what you may be experiencing is swelling as the product resorbs.