How Safe is It to Have Dermal Fillers Injected into Temples?

This area seems so dangerous to inject, or is it the under eye area that blindness can occur? My derm suggested that I think about having this area injected. Also will it take definition from my strong cheek bones away or further enhance them? Thanks.

Filler for temple area is safe and is usually a "Wow!"

+1

The temple area is one of the areas I love to treat. This is an area not often requested by patients, but hopefully as the benefits of a replenished temple area becomes more widely known, it will be more in-demand. Depending on the degree of volume loss, and whether there is generalized volume loss elsewhere on the face, I will use Juvéderm or Sculptra. This is a very safe area for injecting if your physician is knowledgeable of the anatomy of the temple area. A youthful rejuvenated face is one where there is balance and harmony among the "parts" creating a "whole." Softening the hollow of the temple will not detract from the cheek definition.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler injections in the temples

+1

Filler injections in the temple are safe if properly performed by a Board Certified expert injector.  Although most fillers can be used, Sculptra is my preference for a variety of technical reasons.  It can be problematic to inject the temples if it is done improperly, but it is an important area to treat to rejuvenate and reshape the face.

Miami Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.