Curved Nose Bridge? (photo)

i am 3 weeks post op i had septorhinoplasty.i had bulbous tip deviated septum n some work on the bridge of my nose n reduced the size of my nosetrils now i am worried about my nose it is curved to the left side please help me what to do :(

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Crooked nose issues

+2

Hi

Did your surgeon look inside your nose before your surgery to make sure your septum was OK?  It looks like your nose was crooked before surgery and the surgeon neglected to recognize this and did not address the issue but now that the nose is narrower you are seeing it even more.  There is not much that you can do now.  You will need a revision rhinoplasty from an experienced surgeon who deals with the inside and the outside of the nose. 

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialistsurgeon.com/specific-types-of-rhinoplasty/crooked-twisted-nose-rhinoplasty/

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Curved nose

+2

You are still in the early post operative period.   Hopefully things will improve over time.  If not a revision may be needed.  Keep in mind that nasal asymmetry is difficult to correct.  Donald R. Nunn MD   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Surgery for a crooked nose is often more complex than other rhinoplasty procedures

+1

Reducing a nasal hump and bulky nasal tip is fairly predictable. Straightening a crooked nose is less so. Cartilage has memory. Often more aggressive surgical maneuvers are necessary to get a nose straighter and assure it will stay straight. It's also almost impossible to get a nose perfectly straight but our goal is 'straighter."

Revision rhinoplasty will help.

+1

Hi.

Of course you should do nothing for several months to see what happens, but your pictures -- I am sorry to say -- do not look encouraging.  Talk to your surgeon.