How to Fix Gap Between Upper Nose and Forehead? (photo)

I am not sure whether I need a rhinoplasty to fix the gap between my nose and the forehead.The line which I feel above my nose has no bone support and I just feel only the skin.Will fillers or cartilage fill be a better option to fix it ? Also my nose looks broader and bigger relative to my face.Please help me out with your suggestions.

Browlift rhinoplasty to fix deep glabella

+1

A brow lift with softening of the procerus muscle,  corrugator muscle, and elevation of the eyebrow complex will help open up this area at the junction between the nose and the forehead. A rhinoplasty to reduce the nasal bump and addition of a graft into the glabella will also help fill out this area for an aesthetic improvement. Please see the link below for examples of brow lifting and rhinoplasty in our practice

Gap between upper nose and forehead

+1

I think your best bet is to inject the gap with local anesthetic or saline which temporarily fill the gap and see if you like how it looks. If you like it then decide whether you want an injectable filler, implant or cartilage graft. Each approach has its own specific pros and cons. If filling the gap does not look good than you will have to remove some soft tissue or bone to get the desired result.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

There are several possible approaches to this problem including nasal root (radix) augmentation with or without rhinoplasty (prefabricated porous polyethylene graft is available and works very well), hairline open browlift (even if crease is effaced by graft, brows appear heavy and low, browlift would "open up" and lighten your expression, and more temporary solutions such as Radiesse injection.  Direct excision with grafting is certainly a possibility, but would be last on my list.  Although inexpensive and permanent, the resulting scar, although most likely obscure, would be permanent, and this approach would not lift your brows at all.

Steve Laverson, MD

How to Fix Gap Between Upper Nose and Forehead?

+1

If this is a skin laxity issue, excision of this area or a modified brow lift may work well.  Fillers can be used but may not work as well depending upon the depth of the crease.  If fillers are used, this should be done with a blunt cannula.  If this is a muscle mass issue, Botox may be able to improve the area.  A physical exam in animation will be best in your situation.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty vs filler for radix.

+1

If the gap is filled temporarily with lidocaine u can see if u like it. You may be happier with refinement of the tip and hump removal. 

Frontonasal Augmentation

+1

The first and simplest place to start is to have some temporary injectable fillers placed into the nasofrontal crease to see what effect it creates. Then you can consider fat injections or other methods of augmentation. that could be done during your rhinoplasty

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD