What Cup Size Will I Be If I'm a Size 34b and Get 390cc? I Am 5'4 and Weigh 115

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Implant size selection

+1

It is very difficult to predict cup size because cup sizes vary by designer.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Estimating cup size

+1

Just based on your height and weight, I think 390cc implant will give you at least D cup size.  Please remember that cup size varies depending on the brand of bra that you buy.  Usually, I ask my patients to bring pictures/photos of their desired look rather than concentrating on cup sizes.  Pick the right implant size will vary on your chest anatomy as well as your desired goal.

Sugene Kim, MD

Bra cup size after breast augmentation with implants

+1

You are likely to be at least a D cup.  However, it is very easy to be confused by this measuring system. Cup sizes are only used as estimates for clothing. Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. Let me give you an example; weight is a very accurate measurement. However two patients that weigh 120 lbs are not likely to look alike. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the szing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. A good place to start is using my "Find your perfect size" tool listed in the left hand column of my bodysculptor.com home page. Another good place to look is the searchable database section of the physicians' photos on implantinfo.com. Best of luck.

Please see our website for a description of the procedure: bodysculptor.com You can view some of Dr. Placik's patients or many other patients by visiting the website:photo gallery

Cup size should not be the goal.

+1

For each person the cup size increase is dependent on multiple factors, including the implant chest shape and width of the breast as well as the chest.  Even with a lot of experience it is not possible to predict accurately the exact cup size.

In your case you would be larger probable a large C or a D cup.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Plan on at least a D

+1

Shaky,

With your small frame, B cup breasts and that size implant you can expect at least a D cup result.  I've kept it simple here.  If you need more explanation see my website or the many answers below.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Cup Size Will I Be If I'm a Size 34b and Get 390cc? I Am 5'4 and Weigh 115

+1

Without photos and some measurements of the chest wall. I would guess a LARGE C to SMALL D as the answer. Seek further in person discussions with the chosen boarded surgeon. 

Cup Size After Augmentation

+1

The question is understandably important to most women undergoing breast augmentation, but is impossible to accurately answer.

• There is no standardization of cup sizes: there is variation among manufacturers and styles.
  • Women fit themselves differently

Your sense of proportion and aesthetics is most important: how you look is probably more important than what the label in your bra says.

As surgeons, we understand that cup sizing may be the easiest (if imprecise) way of trying to communicate an idea about size. By way of estimation, the implant you are selecting will likely increase you 2 cup sizes.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Cup size after implants

+1

Cup size is difficult to predict because each bra company manufacturers bras differently.  You probably would go up 2 cup sizes on average.

Cup Size after Augmentation Can only be Estimated

+1

It seems that many patients fixate on post-op cup size.  This can be estimated, but not predicted with certainty.  Cup sizes vary widely among manufacturers and there are no uniform cup sizes.  You should concentrate on an implant that gives you the volume change you seek without causing a problem.  Your plastic surgeon can assist you in this determination.

John Whitt, MD