475cc Saline to 600cc HP Gel - Too Big?

I am 5'1" 107 lbs,50 year old mother of 3 , started with small A went to 450cc filled to 475 cc saline now a C. planning on having 600 Cc gel HP.does anyone think this will be to big??while breast feeding i was a size 36DD so i do have the stretch.

Large implants in shorter individual may make you appear heavy.

+3

AT your less than average height, I would not recommend the 600 cc implant without a discussion of the long term consequences. Without trying to sound too insulting, a very large implant (600 cc is) can make a shorter prson appear more heavy and you will be pressured to remain thin or wear garments that exaggerate your waist and crate an hourglass figure in order to avoid the appearance of a round midsection

475cc Saline to 600cc HP Gel - Too Big?

+2

You are a very petite person, I think that going any bigger will not be a good aesthetic result, and may make you look "heavy".  We have found that after breast augmentation, the patient is usually very excited and thrilled. After some time has passed, they miss that excitement of the newness of the implants, and think that perhaps going larger will be a good thing. In your situation I would discourage you if you were my patient.

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing: Petite Woman + 600cc = Redline!!

+2

Of course, sizing is individual and you must communicate well with your surgeon about your goals, and none of us can provide a complete answer without in-person consultation and physical exam.....

...but your numbers add up to a formula for trouble!

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

600 cc breast implants are too big.

+2

Hi.

I urge you not to do this! Very large breast implants stretch your tissues out and age very badly. We never use implants larger than 500 cc's, even on bigger women.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

For some a 600cc implant is just right

+2

As you already have a 475cc implant in place, the increase to 600cc may not feel like that much of a leap. There are many who review questions on this site that would consider the 600cc implant 'too large', however the look should reflect your choice. As long as you understand the look you will have with the larger implants then the 600cc implant will be just right.

peterejohnsonmd

600 cc HP implants

+1

For a small woman, you are going to have very large breasts and it may be too much to "handle."  Hard to sya without an exam.

How to Choose Breast Implant Size: Individual Breast AugmentationDecision.

+1

Breast implant size is a very individual decision with multiple variables. These include, height and weight, chest size, and pre-existing implants. It sounds like you already have large implants in place and are small framed. It is unclear why you want to change the implants out, but likely you have stretched out and your breasts have thinned and sagged with the large implants. Commonly the thought is just put in a larger implant which it sounds like you have been recommended, though likely you need a breast lift with a size appropriate implant. Consider a second opinion because some decisions will prove costly and irreversible.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Implants can become overwhelming...

+1

First off, the blanket statement - 600cc implants are huge implants. Your frame is 5'1", 107 lbs and 600cc implants are most likely wider than your chest. You already have large implants at 475cc. Why are you going to 600cc? Have you had problems with implant rippling or does the breast skin appear to be sagging over the implants? At 50 years of age, your breast tissue is being replaced by fat, the skin is losing elasticity, and the tissue around the implants is going to thin. Switching to larger implants may help with "filling out" the breasts in the short term, however, is likely to lead to implant malposition and increased tissue thinning. I recommend having a thorough discussion with your plastic surgeon on what you dislike about your breasts and what the options are besides increasing the implant size.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

What is too big /

+1

Going to a 6600 may be too big.alot depends on the amount of soft tissue you have.If the soft tissue over your incision is thin and you are a smoker you could be setting yourself up for an implant exposure.Soemtimes this tissue is so thin and then the patient smokes and look out so i would say be cautious.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizes.

+1

Without examining you, it is difficult to comment on what is "too big."  However, 650 cc implants are large and can add considerable weight to your chest.  The effect of the added weight can be a stress on your skin which may lead to stretching over time.  My advice is to discuss your expectations with your surgeon, including the risks and benefits in your specific case.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD